Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February Turning Wheels

February Turning Wheels

Good Day SDC members,

February's Turning Wheels was released to the USPS yesterday afternoon. It should start appearing in mailboxes around the USA as early as about Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Foreign issues were also released yesterday as well. Unfortunately, they take a little longer to arrive. Your input on delivery is important to me and helps me monitor the process so let me know when you receive it.

Thanks!!
    See you in the future as I write about our past

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries

Feb Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Avantidon View Post
    Good Day SDC members,

February's Turning Wheels was released to the USPS yesterday afternoon. It should start appearing in mailboxes around the USA as early as about Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Foreign issues were also released yesterday as well. Unfortunately, they take a little longer to arrive. Your input on delivery is important to me and helps me monitor the process so let me know when you receive it.

Thanks!!
    Will let you know when it arrives in Manitoba . By my calculations should be in the first week . Old Fart

Thanks, I did not get January's, nor it's replacement yet. I hope I get this one!

Good Day SDC members,

Thanks!!
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Ron

I'll check with Mark on Monday for you. Please let me know if you get January's as well as February in the next week or so.

Speedster Member
    Hi Don,
    That is good news. I will let you know when I get ours here in Grimsby. January's was a little earlier. In a note on the USPS, I mailed a credit card payment from Niagara Falls New York on Jan 3 and it arrived in Milwaukee and was posted on Jan. 5. All this after the post office employee told me that the mail would be a bit slower.

1961 Flamingo Hawk

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
    studenews@outlook.com

Susan,

Don't know what the answer is either but just want to gather dome data so we can try figure out where the barriers are. Just need to try and monitor it.

Susan,

Don't know what the answer is either but just want to gather dome data so we can try figure out where the barriers are. Just need to try and monitor it.
    I have an answer and it is not good. (USPS) many companies will not accept a post mark as proof of timely payment and for good reason. We have received mail from the next town postmarked a month earlier. I have given up on speaking to our postmaster about other people receiving our mail and us receiving theirs. I wish I could see a good solution.
    don

1/29/18 in Pine Grove Mills, PA.

President Member
    Got mine last Wednesday (01/24/2018) in Chatsworth, CA (Los Angeles area).
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive - Running, but not yet driving)

Wow Howard that's almost record time to the west coast. Thanks for sharing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by GTHawk View Post
    I have an answer and it is not good. (USPS) many companies will not accept a post mark as proof of timely payment and for good reason. We have received mail from the next town postmarked a month earlier. I have given up on speaking to our postmaster about other people receiving our mail and us receiving theirs. I wish I could see a good solution.
    1/29/18. Wow, amazing!! Platteville, Wisconsin.
    don

Saturday, January 27, arrived in the Kentucky bluegrass...

Ron

I'll check with Mark on Monday for you. Please let me know if you get January's as well as February in the next week or so.
    I have both January's repalcement and February now. Thanks!
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    At the Saturday, January 27 meeting of the central Indiana (Indy) chapter SDC, most members reported having theirs already.

Mine arrived Monday the 29th, to be expected in the areas around Indianapolis. So I'm sure central Indiana members will have theirs by the end of January, Don, if they don't have them already. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Ron, glad you finally got January's and now you have both. Bob, Thanks for the heads up. To all who have let me know you have yours, Thanks. To our Canadian friends we are looking for ways to speed up yours as well, Please remember once it gets in the Canadian Postal System we have no control but we can get it in the Canadian system quicker and that's what we are doing.

President Member
    My copy arrived today January 30, 2018 in 85715 Tucson AZ

Bob Miles

Quote Originally Posted by GTHawk View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear your area's USPS is SO bad, our's is very GOOD.
    Just be GLAD you don't live in Canada it could be a LOT worse, there seems to be NO hope for them.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

President Member
    Got My February TWs Today, another beauty with the NEW BETTER by design look ! as StudeRich has mentioned, I too hope the small print " do not fold " serves the purpose.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    My copy of Turning Wheels arrived Monday, 28 Jan 2018. Douglasville, Ga. 30134
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Joseph, already took care of the "Do Not Bend" size lettering last week. I noted it when my copy arrived and it's done.

President Member
    Thanks Don, this really should solve old problems. of course the People handling need to be smart as well.

Joseph, already took care of the "Do Not Bend" size lettering last week. I noted it when my copy arrived and it's done.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

President Member
    Mine arrived yesterday January 31 in Sun City, AZ.

For our Canadian friends, rumor has it they are beginning to arrive today as I had a note from one of my lookouts. Hopefully more will show up soon.

Speedster Member
    For our Canadian friends, rumor has it they are beginning to arrive today as I had a note from one of my lookouts. Hopefully more will show up soon.
    It was in our mailbox today here in Grimsby. Feb. 1. 2018 Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

1961 Flamingo Hawk

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
    studenews@outlook.com

Speedster Member

Good Day SDC members,

Thanks!!
    I got mine the 30th of January....Keep on Studebakering

February Turning Wheels arrived today February 2, 2018.

Welland Ontario, Canada

55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

President Member
    We're currently on a mail-hold due to our visit to Florida. But I'm pleased to see that the Lusteds in Grimsby and Tattersalls in Welland have received theirs. The timing is just about what is intended.

Much earlier on, when the format change was under consideration, I raised the possibility that our landscape version format was possibly a contributing factor to Canada Post's delivery delays. With obvious Christmas deliveries behind us, let's give it a couple more months to see if Canada Post, coupled with a change in our bulk shipments to Canada, has its act together.

Let's also not forget the devoted efforts of SDC VP Don Jones in working so hard on this project.

Stu Chapman

President Member
    Finally received mine here in SE Iowa Feb 1. A friend who lives eight miles away and get there mail from a different distribution branch of the postal system then I do reveived his Jan 24

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    Avantidon : As promised TW has arrived in Manitoba in Winnipeg to one of our members on the second of this month. Still have not got mine . Having problems getting on to the forum . Have got Bob Palma's email ad so It can be corrected ? have you got it if so please email me at not4u@nlis.ca Thank you
    Old Fart

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    Avantidon ;
    Sorry I meant Bob Shaw's email ad not Bob Palma's

Old Fart

Terry, thanks for the input. Hopefully, yours will arrive soon. I know many in Canada have been received so it's on its way. I have one more little tweak we are going to do with the March issue that hopefully will help just a little more but after that we have to monitor the situation and see where we go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    Avantidon ;
    Sorry I meant Bob Shaw's email ad not Bob Palma's

Old Fart
    Terry, check your email, please.

Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarwheel.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Speedster Member
    Hi,

I haven't received mine in Alberta, yet, so I can't say what condition it may be in as compared to the first new formatted issue I received. I hope it is better. I will be contacting Mark, sometime down the road, to see if he can send me another copy of that first one since the one I got was pretty beat up. I subscribe to a few other mags and have never received one that was chewed up in three points around the edges like that before...

Speedster Member

Good Day SDC members,

Thanks!!
    Feb. 6th 11 am Just got mine Bengough Saskatchewan Caqnada, Got Jan one about two weeks ago, so this is great thanks.
    Evan Severson

Speedster Member
    Hi all. I just received my Feb edition today 7th feb. That would be the earliest delivery ever. 😁

President Member
    Here it is the 7th & I have my Feb TWs here in Melbourne. Wow, what a nice surprise.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Jim,

Glad to know it's there already. Maybe next month it'll be sooner.

President Member
    Received our Feb.2018 Turning Wheels today, Feb.8.2018 . That's at least a week earlier than usual. Our postal code is E1C 6A5 .
    Bill Jarvis

Just got mine today in Caledon Ontario. Sad that I got mine a week after others in Ontario, and a day after Australia.

Champion Member
    Finally got here in NE Iowa.