Need a brake pedal assy for Auto trans 1957 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a brake pedal assy for Auto trans 1957 Golden Hawk

I need the whole works if you have it. I am converting a stick shift Hawk back to automatic and I need the brake pedal/ arm/ assembly for one, it does not have power brakes..... Thanks

FWIW, I modified the Stock brake peddle/clutch peddle assembly on my Sky Hawk, then added an automatic peddle pad. It was not a difficult procedure...

Comment

Mike:
      What are you doing with the removed stick shift parts? I may be interested.
      Thanks Howard.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 G hawk during 003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1718017Still trying to ID what may have been changed on the car, but I suspect during the 'conversion' the wrong one was used, or maybe the car had power brakes, but then they were changed. The car just does not stop like it should. Waiting on the build sheet..... Not sure what is happening with any spare parts, but its only a T 86 OD .
        Last edited by (S); 01-19-2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Mike,
          Check with Tom K in South Bend. He use to have "several" 55 gallon drums full if pedals.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Nothin' wrong with a T86. I still might be interested.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
            X