Cabin Fever Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Fever Sunday

'Got the car out for a little run this afternoon. When I got home, I decided it was time for the annual winter road rash touch-up/polish session, which led to man-cave time.

Still have some road rash to work on, but it'll be ready come spring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fever.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1760410

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fever2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	1760411
    Last edited by Studedude; 04-21-2019, 04:26 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Very nice looking car, damm nice man cave, especially like the older barber chair by your desk.
    Mark

Comment

Sheba is still looking as good as ever.

Comment

The car still looks great. This is the first that I noticed your number plate, or is that a new one? The 154 (one '54) is appropriate for your 1954.

You wouldn't have taken the car out here with nine degrees F, a below zero wind chill and a lot of salt on the roads following yesterday's snow.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Very nice car! Makes me wish mine was running. I also like the drive up menu, in the man cave.
          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            The car still looks great. This is the first that I noticed your number plate, or is that a new one? The 154 (one '54) is appropriate for your 1954.

You wouldn't have taken the car out here with nine degrees F, a below zero wind chill and a lot of salt on the roads following yesterday's snow.
            It is a new Oklahoma for 2018 plate, Gary. The state is running low on revenue, so came up with this silly design, so they could make us all purchase new plates. My local tag agent always tries to make the tags he sells folks relative to their car or person, so he picked this one for mine. I have thought about a personalized plate, but not sure what I'd use. My other rides display RET LEO and LEO RET.

It was a beautiful, sunny 50 degree day here today, and we have yet to have any snow/ice/salt. That could change any time, but we are suffering from drought conditions right now. Although we are dry, we'll be in the single digits a few nights this week, so it was nice to get the car out.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Looking good Dave. Keep up the good work.
              It's 27 degrees here this morning. Brrrrr.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                It is a new Oklahoma for 2018 plate, Gary. The state is running low on revenue, so came up with this silly design, so they could make us all purchase new plates. My local tag agent always tries to make the tags he sells folks relative to their car or person, so he picked this one for mine. I have thought about a personalized plate, but not sure what I'd use. My other rides display RET LEO and LEO RET.

It was a beautiful, sunny 50 degree day here today, and we have yet to have any snow/ice/salt. That could change any time, but we are suffering from drought conditions right now. Although we are dry, we'll be in the single digits a few nights this week, so it was nice to get the car out.
                I wonder how many will make the 154 association to your car. Your other two plates only took me seconds to "catch on". I would think that knowing something about your past would be a prerequisite for interpreting them.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is one of the sweetest looking Studebakers I know, warms me up everytime I see it...

Comment

Working...
                  X