No announcement yet.

Chuck Naugle's 1937 J30M Cab-Forward 3-ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure Bob P. has done this numerous times in Calif.. And the Titling Services obviously do too. My friend knows one run by a woman that was a former DMV employee down in the Long Beach area. That said, if the average guy goes to the Calif. DMV website..., or calls the DMV offices basically you are told there isn't a reasonable way to title an untitled car.

The last DMV guy told me the "free" car me neighbor wished to give to me (it was her LONG lost sister's) was to push it out on the street, call the police after 3 days and have it declared abandoned. It will then be towed to a storage yard where after no one claims it, it will be sold at auction (which I would then have to bid enough to win - no longer free) and through this process I would acquire lien papers. Then I would have to go through the lien process to get a title. And, apparently the DMV also stated you just can't put a lien on the car to initiate the titling process. It HAS to be a legitimate lien.

So, maybe because Bob P. has a business or the former DMV lady knows the loopholes it works smoother for them. But for the average guy - it seems not so much.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I think Pat foung someone that can solve this. We'll know more in a few days.
      Thanks again, it's always great to get so much help!
      Mike Lynch
      Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
      Alan Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
        I'm sure Bob P. has done this numerous times in Calif.. And the Titling Services obviously do too. My friend knows one run by a woman that was a former DMV employee down in the Long Beach area. That said, if the average guy goes to the Calif. DMV website..., or calls the DMV offices basically you are told there isn't a reasonable way to title an untitled car.

The last DMV guy told me the "free" car me neighbor wished to give to me (it was her LONG lost sister's) was to push it out on the street, call the police after 3 days and have it declared abandoned. It will then be towed to a storage yard where after no one claims it, it will be sold at auction (which I would then have to bid enough to win - no longer free) and through this process I would acquire lien papers. Then I would have to go through the lien process to get a title. And, apparently the DMV also stated you just can't put a lien on the car to initiate the titling process. It HAS to be a legitimate lien.

So, maybe because Bob P. has a business or the former DMV lady knows the loopholes it works smoother for them. But for the average guy - it seems not so much.
        In California, and car or truck from out of state or with no title needs to have a vin verification and I have a lady that does it for $50.00 once this is done this case being a truck would need to be weigh certificated then do a statement of fact form stating that you have owned the truck for a long time and the old title got lost when you mover many years ago. Fill out the new registration form and pay the fees for new plates and tags if you plan on driving it. the statement of fact is the important thing they want to have on file so if at a later date some one reports it stolen they have the statement to show they did not make a mistake. the biggest headache is the time spent in line at the DMV but if you get an appointment it does go faster. there are people in the state does these for a living. Not me .
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Working...
        X