What's happened to the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happened to the forum?

Is it just me or has everyone else experiencing a completely different format to this forum? Are there big changes being made that we don't know about? Hopefully it is something happening in my system rather than major changes from the forum itself. Bill Van Alstyne

No changes noted here. But if you're as clumsy as me, you may have accidentally changed some of the settings.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

I haven't noticed any changes.

Comment

Could be a virus. Did you shut everything down and restart yet?
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I logged in this morning and the format is completely different from yesterday.
          Wayne
          "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Bill, I had the same thing happen to me about three weeks ago. I thought, "Eh; WTF is this?"

I logged out and logged back in and it was again "normal." 'Has been ever since. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bill

If rebooting doesn't fix it, try going to the bottom of the page. You will see a link that will say something like "show full forum" or something like that, click the link. It will go back to normal if the same thing happened to you that happened to me. I also saw a modified version a few days ago.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                You will see a link that will say something like "show full forum" or something like that, click the link. It will go back to normal if the same thing happened to you that happened to me. I also saw a modified version a few days ago.
                For some reason, when I log onto the Forum with my iPhone goes to that 'half site' as a default. Yes, the 'cure' is to scroll to the bottom, and hit the View Full Site link.

Craig

Comment

Full Site link worked for me.
                  Thanks
                  Wayne
                  "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

You have two choices - either this place changed, or your computer did. Guess which one is more likely?
                    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

There were a lot of background Microsoft Updates done this week.
                      Possibly something changed because of that.
                      Try signing off, closing, and then re-opening the program.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Sometimes someone (thanks Craig!) will include a link to an older thread, maybe from the old Forum. And sometimes, that old thread will appear in a different format. And when I go back to the current day's Forum, that weird format carries over. Bob's advice in post #7 always fixes it.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

I'm back to normal after trying several times to reboot without success. I just shut it down for the day and then restarted it, did a back up and finally all is well. Thanks for the help, I'll remember the bottom of the page trick in the future. Bill

Comment

Still the same as it's always been here.

Comment

Thanks all of you, I get the full site on my laptop and was not getting it on my office computer. Clicking "Full Site" worked. I appreciate it. SueLusted

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                              studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
                              X