Can Anyone Here Help This Young Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Here Help This Young Man?

This Ad is on the Swap Page. Here is a chance to help out a young lad interested in STUDEBAKER???? Whoda thought that?? Is there anything like what he needs left at STUDEACRES?
    How about it you fellows in Az?
    I have not contacted this young man, just thought someone should post this here.
    JS

Wanted 1948 Studebaker Commander Kevin Galvan
    kevingalvan2215@gmail.com

Carson, California 90745
    (424)224-1674
    WANTED
    Own a 1948 Studebaker Commander and I am missing some stuff. Need a passenger side fender and trunk lid. Also need everything for the interior since all of it is missing except for the seats.

QUICK SUMMARY ABOUT MYSELF
    I am a high school student that attends to Carson Senior High School in Carson California and I'm 17 years old. My school has an automotive class which I'm in and go to their club called "Cars and Guitars" that's held on Saturdays by my teacher Robert Roach. I saw the 1948 Studebaker Commander and did some research about it. I fell in love with the model and as of right now I've been working on it since October of 2017.
    Ad Number: 19741
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

The trunk lids and rear fenders are different depending on the body style.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

His teacher, Robert is a Stude guy.

Mike

Comment

He needs to join the "Studebaker Acres Sonora" group on Facebook.

Comment

John sent me a text today. They have started crushing the cars in AZ.
          51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
          53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
          62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Sorry to late for Studeacres they have started crushing this past Monday. 97 cars were left rest in peace.

Comment

Well not all will be crushed. Some are going to Casa grande to finsh there life out. Desert Valley Auto Wrecking has a orphan antique yard there

Comment

Hey John, anything remaining that could help Kevin?
                Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

The Studebaker National Foundation has been helping Mr Roach with his program. He is great working with the kids.

Denny L

Comment

This is a long way from the west coast, but I know Keith has a 49 Commander in his yard.
                    I bought an air cleaner and hose clamps off it a couple months ago.

For auto salvage, scrap metal recycling, new and used auto parts, and vintage salvage cars and trucks, see Cooleys, a local, family-owned business serving the Chippewa Valley.

Comment

I may have an extra trunk lid from a 50 Champion 4 Dr/Convertible. Not sure if it would work on a 48 Commander or which body style the 48 is.
                      Guess we need more info on the car before we can go digging through parts for it.
                      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                      1950 Champion Convertible
                      1950 Champion 4Dr
                      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

The five passenger coupes (Starlight) and the three passenger coupes (Business) take the "long" trunk. The two door sedan, four door sedan, Land Cruiser, and convertible take the "short" trunk. The trunk hinges go with the trunk. In other words, there are two types of trunk lids and two types of trunk hinges to go with the the trunk lids.

We still need to know the body style of the Kevin's car, and if he needs a front fender or a rear fender.

I have an engine for his car, too.

I sent Keven an email asking him to join the forum and am encouraging him to post here.
                        Last edited by RadioRoy; 01-12-2018, 11:28 AM.
                        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I have some misc parts from a 48 Comm and a 52 Comm....

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                            This Ad is on the Swap Page. Here is a chance to help out a young lad interested in STUDEBAKER???? Whoda thought that??
                            Well, LarkTruck, you may be interested to know that I also am 17 years old and have a Studebaker passion. The dream machine in question is one Daisy-Mae, a 1962 GT Hawk that I saved up $15,000 for as a father and son experience. Enjoying every gleaming chrome strip and every cubic inch of her so far!
                            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Hello everybody my name is Kevin Galvan and I am the gentleman with the 1948 Studebaker Commander. I'm 17 years old and I attend Carson High School in Carson, California. I'm in my schools auto mechanics class and my instructor is Robert Roach. He has a Saturday club called "Cars and Guitars" which I try to attend to. I started working on this 48 about 2-3 months ago and I still have a long way to go. Recently I sent out an email to Marc in the Studebaker club and sent him a list of items I need. I'm in school right now and when I can, I'll upload some pictures when I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X