Packard Hawk Headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Packard Hawk Headliner

I decided to completely freshen my low mileage Packard Hawk - engine, paint, upholstery. Engine and paint almost done. The headliner was perfect, but after many years, the color was perhaps a little different. I had a new one made up and the measurements are not quite the same. It is vinyl as original - I'm wondering how much stretch there will be and whether the headliner I've had made up is close enough. There are basically 6 segments from front to back. The first and last ones don't matter to much as long as there is enough. Near as I can tell, the measurements of both are:
    Front Back
    Segment 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Original 7 ΒΌ 10 5/8 12 11 3/16 8 15/16 6 5/8
    Replacement 10 10 12 11 8 3/4 10 5/16
    Number 5 segment does have a little narrowing at the sides. Will the replacement fit????

I would think it would work. #s 2,4,5 are just a tad short but you have enough on 1 and 6 to make up for it.

Comment

Section 6 should be wider or have sail panels sewn onto it also. I believe the Packard Hawk used the same headliner as my 55 President 2 Dr Hardtop.
      sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
      1950 Champion Convertible
      1950 Champion 4Dr
      1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
      1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Thank you. I would have thought all K models would have the same spacing. Even C models are probably the same, with a filler upholstery strip covering the front of the rear window.

Comment

golden hawks do not have the sail panel as part of the headliner. It is part of the side panel.
          Attached Files

Comment

I saw that the headliner can be made with either attached sail panels or separate, according to application. Wasn't sure which the Packard used.
            Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
            golden hawks do not have the sail panel as part of the headliner. It is part of the side panel.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
            X