Looking for my old car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my old car

How do I go about locating a Power Hawk I restored in 1990 and sold in 2002? It had CA plates (POWR HWK) but that plate is available according to the DMV so the car may be gone (!) or out of state now. The serial number is 8851401 and was originally sold in Mill Valley, CA. Any help?

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Eddie!

I wish you could find it in good shape and affordably get it back, but the chances are not great after 15 Years.

Joining SDC and getting a Free Wanted Ad in the Internationally distributed "Turning Wheels" Monthly SDC Publication could help, but if not, I would look for a member selling one and make a "Tribute" Car Power Hawk, they are great Cars, one of the more Solid Bodied of the C & K line.

I have 8851772 another Los Angeles (Vernon Plant) built Power Hawk, sold new by my Dad in Inglewood, Calif.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-11-2018, 12:25 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It seems to me that this car, a multi award winner and superb in every way, would somehow remain part of SDC. I mean, this was restored to perfection!

Comment

Keep in mind that only a fraction of the SDC membership frequents the forum. Rich's idea about a note in Turning Wheels will reach far more people.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Working...