No Improvement yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Improvement yet

Hey guys : I see there is no improvement as yet on getting our January TW . Some have had it since Xmas but not above the 49TH . We were told that Sheridan Press was moving their distribution centre and delivery of TW would improve it drastically . Well it's been three weeks since I first heard someone got theirs and they like the new appearance . What are we chopped liver because we live up north , don't forget up north was were the valiant fight to survive as a car company happened . Any one have Sheridan's email address would like to inquire as to what is happening .

Old Fart

My TW arrived today, 10th January.

I have dealt with Sheridan in the past and found them very obliging and with the exception of one or two times when information about delays was not communicated in a timely manner, found that 99.99% of delays in delivery was out of their control. It was either the fault of the postal service for domestic deliveries (USA) or the agent asssiged to deal with foreign subscribers.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

You probably need to contact the "Canada Post"!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
        Hey guys : I see there is no improvement as yet on getting our January TW . Some have had it since Xmas but not above the 49TH . We were told that Sheridan Press was moving their distribution centre and delivery of TW would improve it drastically . Well it's been three weeks since I first heard someone got theirs and they like the new appearance . What are we chopped liver because we live up north , don't forget up north was were the valiant fight to survive as a car company happened . Any one have Sheridan's email address would like to inquire as to what is happening .

Old Fart
        I received my January Turning Wheels this afternoon, January 10th. Since it would appear that this issue was mailed December 19th, that means it took 22 days to get through the Canada Post system, which was an improvement of about 6 days over the December time. However, our U.S. members began receiving their issue as early as December 23rd, taking only 4 days. Interesting is the fact that a special first class mailing sent to me by Cornerstone on January 3rd, also arrived this afternoon, taking 7 days. From what I can gather, this may be the norm.

The changes in our distribution system recently noted, will not likely show results for a couple months yet. Also, I suspect that the fact that Canada Post admittedly was overwhelmed with Christmas mailings, likely caused the totally unacceptable delivery time to Canada for the December issue. SDC VP Don Jones is looking into improvement in this regard. In addition, I will see if I can resurrect some old contacts with Canada Post to see if they are prepared to work to an acceptable delivery schedule.

Stu Chapman
        Last edited by Stu Chapman; 01-10-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I have a solution. Copies sent to Canada should be dated one month later, Feb instead of Jan, that way it will seem like you're getting them early.
          Just trying to help..............
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Terry,

I have been working with Sheridan Press now for over ten years. I was responsible for the AOAI magazine printer switch and now for the Turning Wheels format change. Since the beginning Canadian Postal delivery of the Avanti Magazine and Turning Wheels, regardless of format has been a constant problem. Sheridan has been very active in trying to resolve the Canadian problem going one step further BY TRUCKING Turning Wheels across the border and depositing them directly into the Canadian Postal System. I do not appreciate the comments you are making as they ARE NOT THE PROBLEM so do not blame them for the inept Canadian Postal system. Instead of blaming the wrong party why not do something constructive and complain to the real source of the problem your Canadian Postal System. Sorry to take you to task but you are barking up the wrong tree. As Stu said in his response, we are trying our best to do something but when we are in the US and the problem is north of the 49th and no one to the north wants to listen it makes it difficult. PM me if you want more information. Please blame the correct party and not the printer because it is not within their control once it is in the Canadian postal system
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Our January "Turning Wheels" arrived today, Jan.10.2018, which is about a week earlier than normal.
              Bill Jarvis

Comment

This sounds like a great idea to stop all the whining!

Comment

Avantidon;

Sorry for your miss understanding but I was NOT blaming Sheriden but to find a starting point as 2moredoors did and Stu seems to have some old contacts to try and talk to in Canada Post . By the sounds of it Our VP is looking at the situation and I will patiently wait for another week . Then I will look into other avenues . At least the East coast and Ontario has them could Manitoba and Saskatchewan be next ??

Old fart

Comment

My TW arrived today, Jan 11th - along with my 40-year pin!

The TW was about "normal" time for me. Looking forward to some improvement in the coming months - thanks to the improvements the new format will hopefully deliver.
                    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

I do not have my January TW yet and i'm in Utah
                      Fred

sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen mine yet in Ontario
                        Nick

Comment

I have yet to receive the January edition. I'm in Kansas.

Comment

I'm north of the 49th, and don't have my January TW yet. Not particularly concerned. It will get here in its own good time.

Comment

Those of you in the Lower 48 might want to check your Renewal Date or order a Jan. 2018 replacement if it does not show up in 5-7 Days.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X