Thread: No Improvement yet

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries

No Improvement yet

Hey guys : I see there is no improvement as yet on getting our January TW . Some have had it since Xmas but not above the 49TH . We were told that Sheridan Press was moving their distribution centre and delivery of TW would improve it drastically . Well it's been three weeks since I first heard someone got theirs and they like the new appearance . What are we chopped liver because we live up north , don't forget up north was were the valiant fight to survive as a car company happened . Any one have Sheridan's email address would like to inquire as to what is happening .

Old Fart

My TW arrived today, 10th January.

I have dealt with Sheridan in the past and found them very obliging and with the exception of one or two times when information about delays was not communicated in a timely manner, found that 99.99% of delays in delivery was out of their control. It was either the fault of the postal service for domestic deliveries (USA) or the agent asssiged to deal with foreign subscribers.

55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

You probably need to contact the "Canada Post"!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    Hey guys : I see there is no improvement as yet on getting our January TW . Some have had it since Xmas but not above the 49TH . We were told that Sheridan Press was moving their distribution centre and delivery of TW would improve it drastically . Well it's been three weeks since I first heard someone got theirs and they like the new appearance . What are we chopped liver because we live up north , don't forget up north was were the valiant fight to survive as a car company happened . Any one have Sheridan's email address would like to inquire as to what is happening .

Old Fart
    I received my January Turning Wheels this afternoon, January 10th. Since it would appear that this issue was mailed December 19th, that means it took 22 days to get through the Canada Post system, which was an improvement of about 6 days over the December time. However, our U.S. members began receiving their issue as early as December 23rd, taking only 4 days. Interesting is the fact that a special first class mailing sent to me by Cornerstone on January 3rd, also arrived this afternoon, taking 7 days. From what I can gather, this may be the norm.

The changes in our distribution system recently noted, will not likely show results for a couple months yet. Also, I suspect that the fact that Canada Post admittedly was overwhelmed with Christmas mailings, likely caused the totally unacceptable delivery time to Canada for the December issue. SDC VP Don Jones is looking into improvement in this regard. In addition, I will see if I can resurrect some old contacts with Canada Post to see if they are prepared to work to an acceptable delivery schedule.

Stu Chapman
    Last edited by Stu Chapman; 01-10-2018 at 08:46 PM.

I have a solution. Copies sent to Canada should be dated one month later, Feb instead of Jan, that way it will seem like you're getting them early.
    Just trying to help..............
    1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Terry,

I have been working with Sheridan Press now for over ten years. I was responsible for the AOAI magazine printer switch and now for the Turning Wheels format change. Since the beginning Canadian Postal delivery of the Avanti Magazine and Turning Wheels, regardless of format has been a constant problem. Sheridan has been very active in trying to resolve the Canadian problem going one step further BY TRUCKING Turning Wheels across the border and depositing them directly into the Canadian Postal System. I do not appreciate the comments you are making as they ARE NOT THE PROBLEM so do not blame them for the inept Canadian Postal system. Instead of blaming the wrong party why not do something constructive and complain to the real source of the problem your Canadian Postal System. Sorry to take you to task but you are barking up the wrong tree. As Stu said in his response, we are trying our best to do something but when we are in the US and the problem is north of the 49th and no one to the north wants to listen it makes it difficult. PM me if you want more information. Please blame the correct party and not the printer because it is not within their control once it is in the Canadian postal system
    See you in the future as I write about our past

Speedster Member
    Our January "Turning Wheels" arrived today, Jan.10.2018, which is about a week earlier than normal.
    Bill Jarvis

This sounds like a great idea to stop all the whining!

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    Avantidon;

Sorry for your miss understanding but I was NOT blaming Sheriden but to find a starting point as 2moredoors did and Stu seems to have some old contacts to try and talk to in Canada Post . By the sounds of it Our VP is looking at the situation and I will patiently wait for another week . Then I will look into other avenues . At least the East coast and Ontario has them could Manitoba and Saskatchewan be next ??

Old fart

President Member
    My TW arrived today, Jan 11th - along with my 40-year pin!

The TW was about "normal" time for me. Looking forward to some improvement in the coming months - thanks to the improvements the new format will hopefully deliver.
    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
    Izzer Buggy - "Jessie"
    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"You don't need a Magic Carpet - just a Studebaker"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
    ride me in a Studebaker"

Speedster Member
    I do not have my January TW yet and i'm in Utah
    Fred

photobucket.com/albums/ab159/studeguru/lark12.jpg

Speedster Member
    I haven't seen mine yet in Ontario
    Nick

Champion Member
    I have yet to receive the January edition. I'm in Kansas.

President Member
    I'm north of the 49th, and don't have my January TW yet. Not particularly concerned. It will get here in its own good time.

Those of you in the Lower 48 might want to check your Renewal Date or order a Jan. 2018 replacement if it does not show up in 5-7 Days.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Terry,

Sorry for the outburst but this issue has been bugging me for ten years. I wish I could resolve it but it is up to those of you living in Canada to raise the issue with the the real culprit, the Canadian Postal System. What amazes me is that many Canadian issues have been delivered while other languish somewhere. It is a problem here in the US as well but thankfully is limited in nature but does exist and we continue to try and address it as best we can. Hopefully TW will be delivered soon. I truly was hoping that the format change would address the Canadian delivery issue but I guess that was an optimistic pipe dream. Again sorry for lashing out at you.

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    Avantidon :

Don't give it another thought . I guess I am not the only one peed off with this on going problem . If some of our southern members are in the same boat as us north of the 49TH I guess the Canadian Postal system isn't the only ones to blame . Could the problem be the spot between Sheriden and our postal systems ??Wonder if our VP can look into that part ??
    Anyway let's hope this can be resolved soon after 38 years I have put my energy into this club and at my age don't really need anymore stress . Said enough for now will let someone else sprout off now . take care guys and gals .

Old Fart Terry

Not here in North Carolina on the 11th, and my membership is up to date.
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Well color me surprised...my issue showed up yesterday which is must be the shortest delivery time that I can remember...yay. The new format is refreshing. cheers, junior

1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Got mine yesterday too!

President Member
    Got mine today, Vancouver BC. Awesome new look.

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    Here's something else to consider . Got my Dec. TW replacement today that Mark mailed three weeks ago and yet the stamp cancellation is Jan 3/18 so it has been held up somewhere since the 3RD . I think thunderations just might have the solution for foreign copies date them a month ahead then we will all be on time receivers .

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Dame View Post
    Not here in North Carolina on the 11th, and my membership is up to date.
    Maybe the mail truck just couldn't get up the mountain Most of us down east have already gotten ours a long time ago. Maybe you need to request another copy.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by njonkman View Post
    I haven't seen mine yet in Ontario
    Nick
    Mine arrived on the 112th. Looks great.
    Nick

President Member
    I'm not tying to stir things up but this post has me wondering how I came to have the new January issue for at least two weeks here in Arizona. Now I don't know if it was forwarded from our British Columbia mail box, which I highly doubt, or direct to our P.O. Box here. Unfortunately I threw the sleeve away not counting on folks trying to track the delays.
    And yes, I like the new format.
    Bill

President Member
    With my lousy memory it got me to looking back in past posts and I see my actual delivery date was 27th Dec,2017! What the heck is that about?

President Member
    Got mine Jan.15 whih is about 2 wks. sooner than normals so things are improving !

Speedster Member
    Got my Dec on the 29th. Jan still not here as of Monday evening. I am from near Edmonton.

Speedster Member
    If late delivery is all we have to worry about, I think one has too much time on our hands! Give this issue a break!!!!!

T-Cab
    [/IMG]

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    Just wondering if T-cab has got his Jan/18 issue yet cause 20 miles away it's still not here . I think Stude Norm should email me about the Convertibles .

Old Fart Terry

Speedster Member
    Got my Jan issue today. Will be in wpg on 25. Busy as heck but will try to drop by.

Speedster Member
    Just opened my Jan issue and it has been beat pretty bad by postal service. Like the new look, though...

Norm,

If you want a perfect one contact Mark at Cornerstone and tell him yours was devoured by the Canadian Postal System and he'll send you one.

Speedster Member
    I tried that with the Avanti Authenticity manual... The first one I received had a bad crease in the back cover so the guys sent me a new one. Canada post beat the crop out of it before I got it so I told the guys not to bother sending another. I keep the first one in my library and the beat-up one is doing hard labour in my shop.

I suppose I should take a chance with this new format premiere edition as it would be nice to have a decent copy for the collection so I may make that request. Thanks for the suggestion.

Speedster Member
    Just got mine today (17th). Beautiful printing. Looks really professional!!! Great job SDC Board!!!

T-Cab

Speedster Member
    Blog Entries
    20 miles away from T-CAB it arrived here also on the 17TH . I was concerned that I would have to modify my shelving unit to fit the new look to match the past 37 years but now that I see it my concerns are null and void . Great new look . Will have to get used to reading it all over again but at my age change can sometimes be a good thing . That's a week and a half ahead of most months let's see how Feb. comes hear let's hope it arrives like it used to when I first joined , came the first week of the month which would please me to no end .

Take care folks

Old Fart Terry

Our registration for the Calgary meet was sent from WA a month and a half before the meet and it arrived the week after the meet. My brother in law is a Canada Post manager and he says mail "customs" is a legendary black hole in their system.

For a standard mailing envelope.

Trucking across the border to mail takes out the black hole and then it's just standard Canadian government mail ineptness... Meanwhile USPS is delivering Sundays for Amazon Prime.

We've had similar problems paying Whistler condo maintenance fees so we only do it by phone now.

I promised a mail study for our Canadian friends. February's Turning Wheels will be in the mail very soon. So here's what I am planning to do. Folks like Old Fart, StudeNorm, T-cab, kmul221,Buzzard and a few more will be receiving a private e,mail outside of the forum, asking for input to me when they receive their February edition of TW. You'll know it's legitimate by the subject line. Please help me help you as we attempt to address the delivery of our beloved magazine Turning Wheels. Thanks in advance for your help