Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk for sale

  1. #1
    Commander Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    84

    1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk for sale

    Great car. Driver paint. Everything repaired with original parts. Low mileage
    In Lexington Ky
    Inca Cream
    53k

  2. #2
    Silver Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA, USA.
    Posts
    7,656
    To help those who might be in the market:
    Transmission?
    Options?
    What is the low mileage?
    The more photos, the better.

    jack vines
    PackardV8

  3. #3
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Renton, Wa.
    Posts
    285
    AND... ... ... the PRICE! Please...
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1970 Avanti

  4. #4
    President Member r1lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC, USA.
    Posts
    3,929
    Blog Entries
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Pdskinner View Post
    Great car. Driver paint. Everything repaired with original parts. Low mileage
    In Lexington Ky
    Inca Cream
    53k
    Is the "53k" the mileage, or the price??
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

  5. #5
    President Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Elkton, MD USA
    Posts
    1,458
    Also is this your car or is it posted for sale somewhere like Craigslist?
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

  6. #6
    President Member ddub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Centralia, WA, USA
    Posts
    2,039
    A mysterious way to sell a car.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

    40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

    * Formerly owned

  7. #7
    Speedster Member greyben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sagle, ID
    Posts
    282
    A bargain at $225k? but it does have power seats.
    In the end Ignorance will have conquered all adversaries

    Don't hasten the end

  8. #8
    Golden Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wappingers Falls, New York, USA.
    Posts
    19,660
    Quote Originally Posted by greyben View Post
    A bargain at $225k? but it does have power seats.
    It could have power windows, but only one power seat (my '57 GH had both).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

  9. #9
    President Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Shorewood Illinois
    Posts
    1,123
    Weirdest post ever, no price or pictures.

  10. #10
    Golden Hawk Member StudeRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ferndale, WA, USA.
    Posts
    26,958

    Exclamation Another Dreamer!

    Quote Originally Posted by r1lark View Post
    Is the "53k" the mileage, or the price??
    OR, his Signature, for his own 53K, '53 Starliner Hardtop?

    It MAY be this one in Louisville KY for WAY TOO much, NOT Lexington:
    https://louisville.craigslist.org/ct...440289696.html
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-10-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner




  11. #11
    Silver Hawk Member Guido's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA, USA.
    Posts
    9,483
    Quote Originally Posted by greyben View Post
    A bargain at $225k? but it does have power seats.
    The $225K car is in Louisville. It was on Craigslist when I moved to Lexington in 2011 and is still for sale...
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

    The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

    �Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

    For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

    "All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

  12. #12
    President Member TWChamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,480
    It says "serious buyers only", but I think he means "delusional buyers only". LOL

  13. #13
    Golden Hawk Member StudeRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Ferndale, WA, USA.
    Posts
    26,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    The $225K car is in Louisville. It was on Craigslist when I moved to Lexington in 2011 and is still for sale...
    Ha; Surprise, surprise! Lol!

  14. #14
    President Member ddub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Centralia, WA, USA
    Posts
    2,039
    Given current trends, how long til he gets his price? I won't be around.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

    40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

    * Formerly owned

  15. #15
    President Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    1,285
    AND neither will any of us, including him.....

  16. #16
    Commander Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    98
    64 Avanti R1 R5529

  17. #17
    Golden Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wappingers Falls, New York, USA.
    Posts
    19,660
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsewall View Post
    I like that car, including the tasteful customization.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

  18. #18
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    I like that car, including the tasteful customization.
    Let's all walk all over the OP's thread.
    Re that Denver Hawk, what's not to like about it? Its beautiful.
    BTW, what's the difference between Packard fins (on the Denver Hawk) and Studebaker fins?
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

  19. #19
    Silver Hawk Member JoeHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    5,777
    This does NOT sound like the $225K car in Louisville. If y'all stop bashing long enough to read the OP's prior threads, you will see he has been posting here since 11/21/2015, when he first announced he had bought a 57GH. He has posted several times, mainly inquiring about parts, authenticity, problems, paint colors, etc.. He has also posted about several projects he has completed on the car, and it seems he has brought it a long way. Sounds like the car was originally yellow with white fins. I'd like to hear more about the original trunk liner he mentioned, as I had never heard of one like he described.

    It sounds like a car some of us may be interested in, so hopefully he will get back to us with more info, pix, and a price. I only live about 100 miles from him, so could go check it out for a seriously interested buyer.

    But if y'all don't stop bashing him, I would not blame him if we never heard from him again.
    Last edited by JoeHall; 01-13-2018 at 08:27 AM.

  20. #20
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Auburn Maine
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHall View Post
    This does NOT sound like the $225K car in Louisville. If y'all stop bashing long enough to read the OP's prior threads, you will see he has been posting here since 11/21/2015, when he first announced he had bought a 57GH. He has posted several times, mainly inquiring about parts, authenticity, problems, paint colors, etc.. He has also posted about several projects he has completed on the car, and it seems he has brought it a long way. Sounds like the car was originally yellow with white fins. I'd like to hear more about the original trunk liner he mentioned, as I had never heard of one like he described.

    It sounds like a car some of us may be interested in, so hopefully he will get back to us with more info, pix, and a price. I only live about 100 miles from him, so could go check it out for a seriously interested buyer.

    But if y'all don't stop bashing him, I would not blame him if we never heard from him again.
    Joe, not sure if this is the exact liner OP is talking about but this is the trunk of our 57GH. Could be the same liner? Burtex on the sides and a nylon/plastic woven one on the floor.
    DSCN4218.jpg

  21. #21
    Golden Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wappingers Falls, New York, USA.
    Posts
    19,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    Let's all walk all over the OP's thread.
    Re that Denver Hawk, what's not to like about it? Its beautiful.
    BTW, what's the difference between Packard fins (on the Denver Hawk) and Studebaker fins?
    You posted this in response to my post stating that I liked the Denver Hawk. I don't get it.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

  22. #22
    President Member 62champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Kentucky Bluegrass
    Posts
    2,669
    I will mirror Joe's comments - Lexington is only 30 minutes away for me and if the owner is in agreement, I could also take a look and snap some photos as well.

  23. #23
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    You posted this in response to my post stating that I liked the Denver Hawk. I don't get it.
    Gary, I was agreeing with you. 'What's not to like' might be a southern thing.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

  24. #24
    Silver Hawk Member JoeHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kentucky, USA.
    Posts
    5,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Klinger View Post
    Joe, not sure if this is the exact liner OP is talking about but this is the trunk of our 57GH. Could be the same liner? Burtex on the sides and a nylon/plastic woven one on the floor.
    DSCN4218.jpg
    Mark,
    Yours looks like what he was describing. Too bad 56J never had that.
    Thanks!

  25. #25
    Golden Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wappingers Falls, New York, USA.
    Posts
    19,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    Gary, I was agreeing with you. 'What's not to like' might be a southern thing.
    Thanks. I understood your meaning in the second line of your post. It was the first line of your post that I questioned.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

  26. #26
    President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Douglasville, Georgia, USA.
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    Thanks. I understood your meaning in the second line of your post. It was the first line of your post that I questioned.
    The OP is in Ky. trying to sell his GH. I don't think the one in Denver is his. No need to reply, I won't read it.
    I'm done with this thread.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •