Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Ribbed Upholstery material for 62 Hawk

Hi all, this is my first post.
    I'm specifically looking for the Red ribbed insert material to replace in my 62 Hawk. Is there a modern manufacture of it or and NOS supply hidden away somewhere?
    Any leads would be much appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5930.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1756366

I got mine for my 62 Hawk at Automotive Interiors, http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/contact_us.htm, 800-814 7533.

They also sell complete interior kits for the GT Hawk. Good fit, reasonable prices, nice people. You might to ask for Diane.

Comment

René Harger, Southeast Studebaker. Advertises in every Turning Wheels.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hi Paul, Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum!

It appears to me that you MAY have the Vinyl with Cloth Inserts type, correct?
        I do not believe I have ever seen an Original '62 Hawk with Matching Color Vinyl Inserts, only off-White, until '63.

Both should be available at our Turning Wheels Monthly SDC Magazine Advertiser: Southeast Studebaker, but there IS a long lead time for custom, high quality work.

Receiving the monthly Publication "Turning Wheels" keeps you in touch with All of the Vendors, also here:
        Last edited by StudeRich; 01-08-2018, 05:26 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

From your other post on the same subject:

Welcome to the SDC Forum!

I doubt that you will find NOS or good used seat inserts for a 1962 Hawk. I have known of these to go bad on the shelf without ever having been installed in a car. The 1963-1964 Hawk seat material was improved so much, it usually outlasts the rest of the car.

I believe that Southeast Studebaker is your best option, just do not be in a hurry.

EDIT: What I can see in your picture is the best 1962 Hawk seat insert that I have seen in a long time. I can not tell if it is original. The original has heat sealed ribs, not stitched.

EDIT II: For seat inserts, I was referring to the common vinyl. Do you possibly have cloth inserts?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I do not believe I have ever seen an Original '62 Hawk with Matching Color Vinyl Inserts, only off-White, until '63.
            My '62 has an all green vinyl interior. The seats got the dealer installed replacement upholstery. But it was [improperly] just stretched right over the original upholstery. I can see the green vinyl inserts of the originals through tears in the replacements.

Paul
            I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
            1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Working...
            X