Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would be the best place to find a 1958 sedan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bjackameit View Post
    In general, the car appears good. I can go along with painting the roof white and perhaps also the fins, but not the trunk and hood individually. The odometer looks messed up (not that indicated miles means anything).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I agree Gary, paint scheme looks weird.

Comment

This car is on Ocala craigslist for 15k or trade.

Comment

It is WAY beyond Weird! Who would DO that to a Car?

I get that someone liked Red and White, but the Interior is more than enough, I agree with what Gary said, the Original Paint scheme would have enhanced it, rather than devalued it.

Only Taxis and Police Cars get Pieces Painted different Colors.

WHAT? A "Sweepstakes 259" BATTERY? This person must have some pretty good Drugs!

If you build a Clown Car, it will Only appeal to those few Clowns who are looking for a Parade Car.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-10-2018, 04:23 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a nice 58 Packard 4 door for sale in Oregon. Less than half the price of the other one. 503 302 4344 Thanks for looking, Zane

Comment

I have a 58 Scotsman Studebaker 4 door I have $2,900.00 in it Gypsum, Colorado. flat head 6 has valve noise 3 spd on the tree.
              vailshotokan@gmail.com
              970-390-7379
              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                I have a weird love for 1958 Champion-Commander-President sedans because, in my mind, they are Virgil Exner meets Studebaker (thereby creating an intriguing study into design).
                If I was looking for a Virgil Exner designed Studebaker, I'd probably be looking for a 47 or 48.

Comment

Especially the Champions. Sleek Loewy early Googie shape, busy Exner late Deco grill and bumpers.
                  1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                  1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                  1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                  1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                  1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                  1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                    If I was looking for a Virgil Exner designed Studebaker, I'd probably be looking for a 47 or 48.
                    While I could see what you mean with the 47 or 48, I originally meant that they were aping Exner's most famous achievement of the "Forward Look" MoPars.
                    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
                    X