Stereotyping Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereotyping Stories

What are some of the most comical experiences you’ve had involving stereotyping (to you or someone else). This one may get out of hand, so I’m braced for the absolute worst!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

I don't know about comedy but that's what my Dad did at the local newspaper. So I guess he was pretty good at it.

Bob

Comment

How do you type in stereo?
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
        Well this certainly has gotten...interesting...
        Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 01-03-2018, 06:45 AM.
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
          Well this certainly has gotten...interesting...
          Not trying to dump on you, Jake. These type of posts generally don't get a lot of responses in Stove Huggers but FYI a stereotyper is someone that make the metal plates that go on the press to print the newspaper. Newer technology has supplanted the metal plates but that's what my father did for a living many moons back. Bad choice at comedy by me.

IAC, welcome to the forum and an old guys attempt at humor. Glad you are here to drop the average age and love Studebakers also.

Bob

Comment

Old guy- old enough to know better-at a car show told me my car (silver '63 Gran Turismo) was "exactly like the one in Clint Eastwood's movie, except his was black..." Clint's F*rd Gran Torino was actually green in the movie IIRC..... Some youn'uns have told me my 289 motor is made by F*rd.....

Comment

"Wow! That's a neat old Studey. It must be worth a fortune."
              American iron, real old school
              With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
              With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
              With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
              The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
              I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

Sometimes having Citroen DS & ID in the fambly you ever so often hear folk saying "That's one of those that goes up and down, right!"...
                Or what ever old car I'm driving I'll hear that they had one in the past or knew someone who had.

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                  Use both hands?
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                    Old guy- old enough to know better-at a car show told me my car (silver '63 Gran Turismo) was "exactly like the one in Clint Eastwood's movie, except his was black..." Clint's F*rd Gran Torino was actually green in the movie IIRC..... Some youn'uns have told me my 289 motor is made by F*rd.....
                    This happened to me on several occasions. I thought seriously about a bumper sticker reading: "This is NOT a Gran Torino!".
                    sigpic

Comment

There was a Clint Eastwood movie where he smashed into the rear of a black GT hawk with his Chevy.

Comment

I put a bumper sticker, available from SI, on the rear bumper of every Stude: KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL, DRIVE A STUDEBAKER

Comment

Bob, I think the one you are thinking of was Steve McQueen's last movie "The Hunter". He drove an old Chev and pretended he couldn't manually shift gears. Yeh, Steve McQueen, sure.
                          Bill

Comment

Jake,

Thanks for joining us on our race to the finish line. I hope that you will be at the finish line to pick up the baton.

Show me someone who is ready to refute ALL stereotyping, and I'll show you someone not old enough to have gained perspective, or smart enough to have learned from experience.-Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X