Bendix brakes sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendix brakes sign

A good friend came across this bendix brakes sign on one of his picking trips... It will be coming home to my sign collection... It's a little rough but thought it was a pretty cool piece and studebaker interrelated. 25"x16"

that is pretty cool!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

It appears to be either the top or the end of a shipping crate.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        It appears to be either the top or the end of a shipping crate.

Craig
        I thought the same thing when I saw the post but it appears to be metal and awfully ornate for part of a crate. It could, However, be intended as a dual purpose item. Shipping crate and then advertising sign.

Here's another example. https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...427155f034.jpg

Dang nice sign.

Bob

Comment

"[QUOTE=sweetolbob;1089762]I thought the same thing when I saw the post but it appears to be metal and awfully ornate for part of a crate. It could, However, be intended as a dual purpose item. Shipping crate and then advertising sign."

Here's another example. https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...427155f034.jpg.

Thanks for finding that example! That one must have been never used....

This is the backside of mine...

Comment

Huh...I wonder when Bendix brakes became so popular(?) on Studebakers that they felt the need to make this combo advertisement/shipping crate. Would make for good food for thought at least.
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Picked up a cleaner version this morning. I'll have the other sign up for sale that I originally posted if there is any interest.

Comment

Working...
              X