New to the Studebaker world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Studebaker world

On Nov 27th I became a very proud owner of a 64 R-2 Avanti. I have always liked Studebakers and this is my first one. I bought it after it sat in a storage building for 12 years and it cleaned up pretty good. I've got it running (runs good) but needs some TLC. I've got one question were all Avanti superchargers Orange because mine is black and it doesn't look like it was painted?

PS I'm very excited about being a part of the Studebaker crowd!!

Welcome to the Studebaker Drivers Club. You may also consider joining the Avanti Owners Association International. http://www.aoai.org/
    Mark L

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum!

After sitting for 12 years, one of the first orders of business should be to completely go through the brake system.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Danny!

Replacement Paxtons and some rebuilds were Black, they both will give you same kick in the Pants!

Here is a very good link for New Stude. owners, from our Main Home Page/Resources:

StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Early superchargers were also black. R3s were red, not orange, and not the same red as the rest of the engine.
          If you are wanting to find out what is and isn't original buy the authenticity manual through the AOAI.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

How about some pictures of your new acquisition?

Comment

Danny, welcome to the Studebaker world. You'll find some great folks here with an amazing amount of knowledge. We hope you will join SDC. See the link to the home page above. You should also join your nearest local chapter. There you will find camaraderie, fun, and lots of expert help. We also have an International meet coming up in 2018 here in the Northwest. We would love to have you come join us.
              And, as studefan says, pictures please. We love 'em.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Welcome Danny! You are in a good place with this forum(tons of knowledge and assistance).
                Post some pics when you get chance. I have a couple of non-Studebaker later Avantis and love them. It's great to have something different from all the 5-6-7 Chevs.
                Enjoy.
                Bill

Comment

I hope I have the pictures figured out Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226_185611.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1717741[ATTACH=CONFIG]69438[/AClick image for larger version

Name:	20171220_173805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1717743TTACH]
                  Attached Files

Comment

That looks really nice with R2 and late model thick bucket seats and woodgrain. Beautiful car.

Comment

Serial Number?
                      64 GT Hawk (K7)
                      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Very nice purchase. Once its running well, the acceleration will surprise you. You'll not believe the horsepower ratings given its get up and go. Great fun to drive. I sold one of those several years ago. Great driving car. Feeling the supercharger roll up the power is a little addictive. Be careful.
                        sals54

Comment

Once dialed in you should have a nice looking screamer there. As sals54 said, be careful and enjoy.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                          X