Thread: last drive before snow

last drive before snow

Yesterday was beautiful, today snow so yesterday was the day to drive my 63 GT Hawk along the N.J. shore
    Glad I took the time and the drive.20171208_142701 (1).jpg20171208_142834.jpg

President Member
    Just stopped driving My 63 champ last Friday , can't wait til April
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Actually I was at the Long Branch show as I have been for at least ten years. If not with the GT Hawk , then with my 64 Avanti R2; both have won many trophies there and at other shows. Maybe next year I will do the Franklin Lakes and N. Caldwell shows that are not know to me. Also, I am in the process of another 64................a R1 Super Hawk. I have also done the Atlantic Highlands show for years with one car or another and once with both.

where are you located?

AVANTI.jpg my 64 R2 Avanti;

President Member
    I like Your Avanti Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    AVANTI.jpg my 64 R2 Avanti;
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Hawklover, I have a 3 car garage and a lift so the Avanti is on top and the GT Hawk beneath. Now, to decide where the 64 Super Hawk goes after a repaint??

President Member
    You R fortunate to have the cars & space to store them,as well as a good wife if U-R married.

I am very fortunate in many ways. I hope that good fortune continues when I eventually tell her I bought a 64 Super Hawk, factory 4 speed n A/C. A totally rust free car🤐

President Member
    I have no problem driving my truck any time of year after 2 good rain storms....I'm lucky here in SE Mass where wet snow to rain is the norm....

Hawklover, just a thank you as a reminder, I ordered a pair of factory approved exhaust tips from Dave Thibeault. You were correct, they were missing but not an intentional error.

Hawklover, my 63 GT Hawk has an after market A/C system the original owner installed probably early to mid 1970"s
    My wife is very tolerant, well mostly as other hobbies take time and money too.

President Member
    OMG!..where did you find a completely rust free Hawk in Joyzee?......or did you find an example in the southwest and have it shipped back east???...inquiring mind(s) want to know:-)
    I am very fortunate in many ways. I hope that good fortune continues when I eventually tell her I bought a 64 Super Hawk, factory 4 speed n A/C. A totally rust free car
    - - - Updated - - -

OMG!..where did you find a completely rust free Hawk in Joyzee?......or did you find an example in the southwest and have it shipped back east???...inquiring mind(s) want to know:-)
    I am very fortunate in many ways. I hope that good fortune continues when I eventually tell her I bought a 64 Super Hawk, factory 4 speed n A/C. A totally rust free car🤐

Hawk lover, until u step up and acknowledge who n where u are, there will be ..............

President Member
    If the Roads get to a point where They're dry with just a bit of White residue I'll likely sneak out with the Champ.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Today the N.E. got a real blizzard, lots of snow. I am hoping for a quick melting as not driving one of my Studes just isn't what we . I received a pair of correct exhaust tips while I was away. Probably tomorrow or over the weekend I will install them. As long as the wind isn't blowing in the wrong direction, Ill open the garage door and let the GT Hawk idle so I can at least enjoy the sound.