Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(opinion) Can Millenials Save The (Studebaker) Hobby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ken-renda View Post
    I suppose there are many reasons. One issue I find strange, awkward and bewildering, is our museum auctioning off a Camray, lexus, Jeep, Ford, and Subaru to support the legacy of Studabaker. That says a lot to me. Ken, Deltaville, Va
    By whatever means these cars were acquired/raised cash it is similar to "Cars for Causes." The proceeds to to support the museum. Sure better that using Studebaker's to raise money.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
      By whatever means these cars were acquired/raised cash it is similar to "Cars for Causes." The proceeds to to support the museum. Sure better that using Studebaker's to raise money.
      Maybe raffling off a Studebaker would result in somebody new driving a Studebaker, putting money in the treasury and increasing the number of Studebaker owners by one.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The Museum does sell off Studebakers that were either just donated or are otherwise surplus to their collection. I have looked at a couple of potential donations for them with the understanding that they would probably not be added to the museum, but would be sold off to raise funds. Museums spend a lot of effort raising money.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Today I joined a group on Facebook called "Young and proud Studebaker Owners". It made me think if this discussion string.
          This Facebook group has post after post of younger people with kick-ass Studes who are restoring and resto-modding them. Just because they dont go to the same car shows or hang out at the regional meets doesnt mean they dont exist. It looks to me like they are out there, they just dont generally overlap the same social circles as some of this group.
          So yeah, these cars are not going away as fast as you may think.

Comment

You point out one of the problems/opportunities with Facebook.
            Anybody can make a 'group' about anything.
            And that's OK......But...
            The success of any page/group/site depends on content. You have to have good content to keep people going there.
            The Facebook page you mention had 3 views yesterday, and only 30 in the last week. Sure... It's new, so it should get a break..
            I kind of smile that your comment is it is for the younger crowd. That, in itself is funny...and telling..
            Age isn't a detriment... Unless someone wants to make it one.
            I remember my first SDC newsletter writeup about attending a meet (with my mother)...
            The article author said 'And that young kid with the red Hawk with the bondo'd up front fenders was there, too).
            Bondo was all I could afford at $1.50 an hour...
            The problem with Facebook is utter dilution.
            How many people are going to join your 'Cool Yellow Studebaker Pickup Truck' page?
            Not too many, unless you put half naked girls on it Hmmmmm.....

Best of luck! I love the enthusiasm!

Originally posted by creegster View Post
            Today I joined a group on Facebook called "Young and proud Studebaker Owners". It made me think if this discussion string.
            This Facebook group has post after post of younger people with kick-ass Studes who are restoring and resto-modding them. Just because they dont go to the same car shows or hang out at the regional meets doesnt mean they dont exist. It looks to me like they are out there, they just dont generally overlap the same social circles as some of this group.
            So yeah, these cars are not going away as fast as you may think.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'd join a young and proud Studebakers Owners page if I wasn't 57. How'd that happen?
              1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
              1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
              1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
              1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
              1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
              1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Proud...? In a way... Happy? YEP! Young? deep-ends on how long I'll be alive, being born a while ago as it seems to me, & the guy that nowaydays looks back at me in every mirror is for sure a relative...

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                  OK, I give up..........so what's a "bitcoin"?
                  It is a speculators dream and an imaginary so called currency that can and will change value wildly while you are filling out a contract. Right now they say the goofy item is worth about 17,000.00 dollars each. Beware!!!
                  don

Comment

Buying a BitCoin is easy.
                    Selling a BitCoin?
                    Easier to sell a Stude at full price....

Originally posted by GTHawk View Post
                    It is a speculators dream and an imaginary so called currency that can and will change value wildly while you are filling out a contract. Right now they say the goofy item is worth about 17,000.00 dollars each. Beware!!!
                    Originally Posted by TWChamp

(copy)
                    Bitcoin News

Bitcoin is an open-source, peer-to-peer, digital decentralized cryptocurrency. Powered by the Blockchain technology, its defining characteristic is its decentralization, i.e. the lack of central governing authority, such as a central bank or a ministry of finance. Bitcoin's issuance and circulation are ensured by regular users via a process known as "Bitcoin mining". Bitcoin can be sent anywhere, anytime, (almost) for free, and with little regard for national borders or government/bank-imposed restrictions.
                    Related links:

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 01-10-2018, 01:28 PM.
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                      Buying a BitCoin is easy.
                      Selling a BitCoin?
                      Easier to sell a Stude at full price....

Sounds like I should start selling stock in pet rocks.
                      So someone can dream up an internet currency, and start selling it?
                      Sure sounds like a chain letter scam to me.

OK, I give up..........so what's a "bitcoin"?[/QUOTE]

Comment

• HEY DOUG! Learn to Drift, and they might just let you in!

Comment

Working...
                        X