Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Wagonaire Mystery Interior Piece

O.K. -- I am stumped --

There is a small shiny handle-like piece on the left side only on my Wagonaire where the rear trim meets the headliner. It is attached with two small screws. I have no idea what it is for --

This piece is only on the left side -- there are no screw holes on the opposite side so I don't think one is missing.

This piece can be seen circled in the picture below. That picture is not my Wagonaire -- so other Wagonaires have it too.

So what is it for? I first thought a previous owner had put this piece on the Wagonaire for some reason -- but looking at pics of other Wagonaires I can see they have it as well -- and it only seems to be on the left side.

So Wagonaire people -- what is this small handle-like piece it for?
    Attached Files
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

There is a hook on the plywood spare tire cover. It swivels out so it can be hooked into the part you are describing. It thus holds up the spare tire cover for easier access.

Comment

It's to hook the spare tire compartment lid when you open it to access the spare.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

That............and you can tie down the refrigerator/freezer when you haul it around.
        Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
        There is a hook on the plywood spare tire cover. It swivels out so it can be hooked into the part you are describing. It thus holds up the spare tire cover for easier access.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Bill, there is always the possibility that the hook on the underside of your car's spare tire cover has fallen off or gone missing over the years. Without that hook to swivel out when you lift the cover to access the spare tire, the purpose of the loop you noted would be difficult to figure out, for sure. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Imagine those owners of wagons with a third seat and wondered about the hook! You
            would have to stretch the hook , plywood or both ! Next question might be to ask wagon owners if they have a cargo interior light mounted near that hook.
            Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Bill, there is always the possibility that the hook on the underside of your car's spare tire cover has fallen off or gone missing over the years. Without that hook to swivel out when you lift the cover to access the spare tire, the purpose of the loop you noted would be difficult to figure out, for sure. BP
              Yep it's there -- that also explains the small wear spot in the headliner just below where it hooks on --
              Attached Files
              Bill Jackameit
              1964 Challenger Wagonaire
              1964 Daytona Sedan
              Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
              Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
              https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Rob what does the cargo interior light look like? I don’t think I have ever seen one.

Mark

Comment

If there IS a Wagonaire with a "Cargo Light" it must be the ONLY one!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I added one to mine. What'd I win?

Comment

I parted 2 wagons with round interior lights about 3" in diameter. They reside in the crawl space of my garage. It's cold and snowing here in PA. I'll get to them in the Spring!
                      Rob in PA.

Comment

[QUOTE=stude1964;1086328]I parted 2 wagons with round interior lights about 3" in diameter.

Rob, can you tell me exactly where the interior lights were located in the cargo area? I have never heard of one before but am planning on putting one in my Wagonaire when I start putting it back together.
                        Thanks!
                        Nick

Comment

Working...
                        X