Tell me about the registries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    Let me take this opportunity to thank all those dedicated members who faithfully maintain the many registries for SDC.
    Thanks, Stu.

Registries are a great resource for the likes Fred K. Fox, Richard Quinn, George Krem and others who wish to submit articles on specific Studebaker models/options, etc. Registries are a bit more in-depth than the listings in the roster which include body style, color, significant options & accessories. Now with Turning Wheels being published in full color, a feature writer may possibly want a specific color or option; it would not be out of line to pursue a roster for a subject car in a particular color. A prime example trying to locate a 1960 Lark VIII 2 door sedan in Gulfstream Blue for the Holman-Moody article of which none could be found in time, so a red car was published on the cover. Therefore, I do see some value of these registries and passing on thanks to those who maintain them.

Perhaps Guido is upset is because Ann forgot to include him as Clarke floor buffer registry keeper a few issues back, along with all the other registry keepers.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
      Guido, you obviously believe that model registries have little value and I respect your right to express that opinion. However you might ponder the fact that the 1964 Studebaker Daytona Convertible Owners Registry has registered over 63,000 views on the Forum. Little value? Little interest?

Let me take this opportunity to thank all those dedicated members who faithfully maintain the many registries for SDC.

Stu Chapman
      I think you are confusing a listing of vehicles and owners with an active thread on the Forum. There is a big difference...

Comment

Everyone has their two cents - just sharing mine (on registries). I was considering a '62 Hawk in CA, and reached out to the Registrar for that model. He was able to fill in blanks for me and share some older pictures of the car, and solidified my intent to buy it. This was exceptionally helpful, and demonstrated the value of registries to me - I then volunteered to run one (The Orphan Hawks), and that's going well. I've already had a few people reach out looking for car data from long-lost Hawks - no matches yet, but we're young at this

Comment

I'm almost sorry I started this thread.

Comment

John :

Don't be at least you have a better Idea of registries .

Comment

I recall a post a few years ago that had much input, and interest. "firewall tags' or ' cowl tags' .

Anyway, many of us collect these and there are a very large number of these floating around. It is unfortunate that most of these came from cars that we parted out, but we saved them to help ID what the box, or boxes of parts came from. I have DOZENS of these, and I remember an old regular of the forum that had over 100.

These are a way to fill in the gaps of some of the 'missing cars and trucks' . These are NOT serial numbers, but can shed some light on the model, and its color.

I am positive a have some from Champ Trucks, Wagonaires, Hawks, Cruisers, M5 trucks......

Comment

Working...
              X