No announcement yet.

Tell me about the registries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guido...."busybody clique".....really??? I've been a club member for four years and been helped many times after posting questions on this forum. To each his own I guess

Comment

Go easy on Guido, he and I are in the 'Stop eye ball'n my Studebaker through the fence clique'

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
        Guido...."busybody clique".....really??? I've been a club member for four years and been helped many times after posting questions on this forum. To each his own I guess
        You seem to be confused or have taken my comments out of context. My comment referenced my view that registers are the work of busybodies and in many cases placing the information on a list does not provide any real benefit. Just a small portion of people involved in the Studebaker hobby participate on this forum thus most extant vehicles never make it onto a list. With unique vehicles (i.e. Packard Hawks) there may be some benefits from a parts standpoint but I do not see that with Larks or Champ trucks.

Just my opinion, anyone is free to play the game if they so choose. I prefer to keep my life private and not let the world know what I own and what I am doing.

Comment

Studerich :

I am shocked by your comments easy one as none were built ?? You say that the options I listed for Mike for registries , were never built ?? I was under the impression you were very knowledgeable when it came to Studebakers but now have my doubts . We have a member in our chapter with a 64 , 65 and 66 commander 4 dr sedans and his son has a 66 Daytona 4dr and a 65 Daytona 4 dr sedan . I am not looking for an arguement because I won't play that game , there is too much BS in the world as it is . This hobby is supposed to be an enjoyable one .And as for Guidos comments We all know were he sits .By the way Studerich what kind of Stude is in that picture with you ?? Looks like a Commander or Daytona 4 Door .

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
            Studerich :

I am shocked by your comments easy one as none were built ?? You say that the options I listed for Mike for registries , were never built ?? I was under the impression you were very knowledgeable when it came to Studebakers but now have my doubts . We have a member in our chapter with a 64 , 65 and 66 commander 4 dr sedans and his son has a 66 Daytona 4dr and a 65 Daytona 4 dr sedan . I am not looking for an arguement because I won't play that game , there is too much BS in the world as it is . This hobby is supposed to be an enjoyable one .And as for Guidos comments We all know were he sits .By the way Studerich what kind of Stude is in that picture with you ?? Looks like a Commander or Daytona 4 Door .
            Not Rich. I will agree with you on the three years of Commander four door sedans, but there were no '65 or '66 Daytona four door sedans as well as no '64 Daytona two door sedans. The only Daytonas for 1965 were two door sedans (Sports Sedans) and Wagonaires. The only Daytona for 1966 was the two door sedan (Sports Sedan).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

In 1965 -66 don't confuse a Commander with a Daytona or a Cruiser........ or one with a nameplate that does not belong there......

Kinda like 'cut, copy , paste' I think he pasted Commander on accident, kinda hard to see.

Comment

Well Guido, I'm not a busybody. I'm starting the 50 51 registry because I believe it will be helpful. On more than a few occasions I have reached out to owners of 63 R2 Hawks, 57 Commander sedans and now my 51 Landcruiser for help with originality questions and problems unique to those vehicles.

And in closing Guido, if you don't want to join a registry that's your choice. No need for name calling to people you don't even know, like me. Out of context? I'm not a busybody.
                Last edited by tim333; 12-06-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
                  Studerich:/Cut/
                  We have a member in our chapter with a 64 , 65 and 66 commander 4 dr sedans and his son has a 66 Daytona 4dr and a 65 Daytona 4 dr sedan./Cut/By the way Studerich what kind of Stude is in that picture with you ?? Looks like a Commander or Daytona 4 Door .
                  You need to ask your Local Members what they own, you'll probably find out the "Daytonas" are Cruisers.

The Car in my Photo is a '64 Daytona Hardtop, I owned.
                  No Daytona 2 Door Sedans were built in '64, only the Sports Sedans in '65 & '66.
                  Daytona 4 Door Sedans were only built in 1964.

No argument or games here, just stating the FACTS.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Studerich :
                    I knew if I wanted to get some straight answers without any run a round was to rattle some cages and the best cage to rattle was yours and I thank you for keeping up my faith . The member I was referring to has those cars that I mentioned and for many years were registered as such (the Daytona's ). For ten years it continued until he went to sell one that is when he found his Daytona's were 64's" But the Commanders are what they are . And further I whole hardily agree with tim333 . And S ya I have seen that " cut and paste " before only on a 63 .
                    Well folks still looking for someone to manage the 64-66 commander and challenger Registry any volunteers ??

Old Fart

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                      Well Guido, I'm not a busybody. I'm starting the 50 51 registry because I believe it will be helpful. On more than a few occasions I have reached out to owners of 63 R2 Hawks, 57 Commander sedans and now my 51 Landcruiser for help with originality questions and problems unique to those vehicles.

And in closing Guido, if you don't want to join a registry that's your choice. No need for name calling to people you don't even know, like me. Out of context? I'm not a busybody.
                      Help me understand the benefit of placing a vehicle on one of the registries maintained on this site. They are merely a compilation of the vehicles owned by Forum participants (both SDC members as well as non members) and thus do not capture any owners outside of this small universe. I do acknowledge that long term stand alone registries (i.e. Frank Ambrogio's 56J register and Bob Johnstone's Avanti site) have garnered information outside of the club and are a valuable resource for those models. This is mainly true because these are limited production, high performance vehicles that were trendsetting in their day that have broad appeal outside of the Studebaker hobby in the larger collectible car world.

In the 1950 and 1951 model years Studebaker produced a total of 611,729 Champion and Commander cars. At best you may be able to list several hundred vehicles which would be an infinitesimal fraction of the total number that were produced. Good luck in your endeavor to list all these vehicles.

Comment

As stated before Guido, very simple. If someone has a restoration question or a problem he can't solve, reaching out to others with the same vehicle may help. It has for me many times. I surely don't expect to list EVERY vehicle made! Since you're obviously not interested and very negative, why not just keep quiet.

Comment

Guido, you obviously believe that model registries have little value and I respect your right to express that opinion. However you might ponder the fact that the 1964 Studebaker Daytona Convertible Owners Registry has registered over 63,000 views on the Forum. Little value? Little interest?

Let me take this opportunity to thank all those dedicated members who faithfully maintain the many registries for SDC.

Stu Chapman

Comment

In my case, I own two 1966 Studebakers. I'm an engineer by trade and am interested in numbers & stats, so I thought it would be interesting to see how many of "the last of the Mohicans" are out there. I have about 125 VIN's recorded so far (not all are surviving cars). MOST of the cars I have captured came from outside this forum. I only list the owner's name and the state (or province) they live in.

My registry exists only as an excel file with many tabs. It includes every piece of documented information (TW, etc) I have been able to find so far. I am not very computer literate, so do not know how to make a fancy website for the registry (i.e. the one for stationwagons is very nice). Over the last few years I have reached out on this forum for '66 owners to contact me with their information, and have provided a copy of the excel file to anyone who has asked for it. If someone were to teach me how to do it, I could provide it to the club website for viewing. I plan to retire in about 15 months and will have more time to devote to it.

I concur with Tim333's comment.....if you don't want to participate, then don't....just don't bother others who do. Is my method the best...no. Has it been fun and interesting...YES.

BTW, I also own a 1950 Champion....I plan to send it's information to Tim for his registry.
                            Mike Sal(tsgaver)
                            life member SDC

Comment

As an "ad on" to this thread, I have been gathering info related to 1959 Larks' for a future registry. At this point I can't do much more due to time constraints but I will attempt to collate all the Info I've gathered so far and try to figure out the best method to get it to all those who are interested. I'm not real good with computers but I have gathered a list of 27 vehicles and owners and will do the best I can. This will probably take place sometime earlier in the new year.
                              Bill

Comment

Great Job Stu!......your registry has been most interesting.....it inspired me to do the '64 Daytona Hardtops.
                                Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                                Guido, you obviously believe that model registries have little value and I respect your right to express that opinion. However you might ponder the fact that the 1964 Studebaker Daytona Convertible Owners Registry has registered over 63,000 views on the Forum. Little value? Little interest?

Let me take this opportunity to thank all those dedicated members who faithfully maintain the many registries for SDC.

Stu Chapman
                                Lou Van Anne
                                62 Champ
                                64 R2 GT Hawk
                                79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                                X