Tell me about the registries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the registries

OK. I'm supplying my info to the 50-51 registry.

And it's good to compile information on the Studebakers out there.

Is it shared someplace? What else do we do with it?

Hopefully other members with like Cars, can contact you for needs, help you analyze or fix it, find Parts, sell you Parts, or otherwise connect.

Some people that own the rarer Cars want to find out how many survive, but usually do not give up their Address.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-05-2017, 06:29 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This was in an earlier post:

I am starting a 1950-51 Registry. Send your info (VIN,
      color, etc) to timcarlig@gmail.com

I'm Tim Carlig 1532 Countryside dr Shorewood Illinois 60404
      678 773 5764
      Currently own a 51 Commander Landcruiser and 57 Commander Deluxe 4dr sedan.

Comment

I keep the '64 Daytona Hardtop registry.....seems like lots of folks don't want their information listed....why?.....I don't understand.
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

I was on a few registries here and there, but do I really want everyone to know if I have this car or that car, one of 30 or even more rare? NO.

Comment

So Tim, your Cars are stored in an Underground, Steel re-enforced, Concrete "Bunker" with a Surveillance System right?
            StudeRich
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Alright you guys;
              Tim is doing something about the cars and owners of the cars that are the registry . As I manage two registries I don't publicize any information other than the owners name general location IE if he or she lives 123 4th st Toronto Ontario all that is listed is Ontario and the cars serial number and that to only other registry members . This is done for privacy reasons and has been accepted by members of both registries with great success . So all those naysayers and those with sarcastic remarks give it a break and register your cars or trucks which ever the case is .

Comment

From the “for what it is worth” section:
                I host the Wagonaire Registry. The Wagonaire is one of those Studebaker models that has some parts and problems that are unique to it. I publish the Registry on line at wagonaire.info but it contains no information about the owner, only about the car and the county, state, and city where the car is located. No personal information about the owner is available from what you see on the site. Go to the site wagonaire.info and take a look, please!

When a Wagonaire is registered the owner can supply as much or little information as they wish. There is a provision for up to six photos of the car and, hopefully, information about the different options present on the car. The owner can also give a short history and/or comments about the car. I think having this information available is important to making the Registry useful to everyone.
                If someone, either another owner or just a viewer interested in Wagonaires, wants to contact a specific owner they can fill out a short form at the bottom of the page for that Wagonaire with their request and their contact information and send it to the Registry. I will then notify the owner of the request that has been received and the contact info of the person making the request. The owner may then decide if they want to respond to the contact or not. It is their decision if they want to make their personal information available to another party.
                For example, information about the details of a third seat in the Wagonaire are pretty hard to come by. If there is a Wagonaire on the Registry that has a third seat it is possible for someone who needs some information to send a question or request for specific information to the Registry. That request will then be forwarded to the owner but their personal information remains safe. That feature has already been successfully used a few times.

I have been working to get some new features added to the site. So far I have a Wagonaire Parts Wanted/For Sale page in the works along with a Wagonaires Wanted/For Sale page. Registered owners will be able to post items to those pages. I’m not trying to take away from our great Studebaker Swap site, where I am a regular user, I’m just trying to make it easier for Wagonaire owners to find or offer items to the people most likely to be interested in them. Those two pages should be available in the next few weeks. I also am working on getting a section for “Wagonaire Stories”. Because of the ability of owners to give a history of their Wagonaire when registered, I have come across some really interesting stories that I think other owners would enjoy as well. Currently I have three owners who have agreed to allow their stories to be published on the site. This feature is one I am really excited about.

I’m always open to suggestions on how to make the site more useful so hopefully some of the owners will chime in and help me do that.
                For what it is worth!
                Nick

Comment

What are folks afraid of?...that someone will steal your car?....or that someone will discover that you have their stolen car?Why can't these folks then just supply the serial number so we can know how many still exist?...you don't have to reveal its location....makes no sense to me.
                  Originally posted by old fart View Post
                  Alright you guys;
                  Tim is doing something about the cars and owners of the cars that are the registry . As I manage two registries I don't publicize any information other than the owners name general location IE if he or she lives 123 4th st Toronto Ontario all that is listed is Ontario and the cars serial number and that to only other registry members . This is done for privacy reasons and has been accepted by members of both registries with great success . So all those naysayers and those with sarcastic remarks give it a break and register your cars or trucks which ever the case is .
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Post 2, 7, 8 and 9.....well said. Yes Rich, the bunker took several years to complete. Lol. Actually I used to park my new car in the driveway unlocked with the keys on the floor til it was stolen last year. I'm more responsible now, locked!!

Comment

As many Forum followers know, I am the keeper of the 1964 Daytona Convertible Owners Registry. It contains as much information as was possible to obtain but it does not contain information relating to addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses. This was done to satisfy confidentiality concerns from many members who did not want this information shown.

However, one thing that has always puzzled me is that since the name of the owner and city is listed, all one has to do is purchase a roster from SDC, do the cross reference, and you will find the contact information you need. So much for confidentiality.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I have also ran into some personalities which do not want to know how many of their cars still exist, so they can still "believe" their's is a super rare example, and therefore more valuable.
                        Mike Sal
                        (keeper of the yet unofficial '66 registry)

Comment

Mike : Don't you think it is time for you to step out of the shadows and contributed to an official registry ??? Try this on for size . 1964 Commanders (2&4Drs) 1964 Challengers 1964 Daytona 2&4Dr sedans ,1965 Commanders 2&4Dr sedans 1965 Daytona 4Dr sedans , 1966 commanders 2&4Dr sedans , 1966 Daytona 4Dr sedans . Or take on the 1966 cars not being represented or 1965 's that aren't represented or the 1964 that aren't being represented you have some of the 1966's already. You say you are an unofficial registry sorry to me and many others all that is a personal collection of yours . You obviously have the talent for gathering and keeping information so put it to good use and benefit of the club . Anyone else who would like to see Mike step up . Mike email me if your interested . Terry not4u@nlis.ca

Comment

I really don't view that I have any obligation to inform anyone else as to what vehicles I may own. I know where to find parts and how to work on them and will share information with those that I think need it. Being part of a busybody clique has no appeal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
                              Mike : Don't you think it is time for you to step out of the shadows and contributed to an official registry ??? Try this on for size:/Cut/1964 Daytona 2/Cut/Dr Sedans, 1965 Daytona 4Dr Sedans, /Cut/1966 Daytona 4Dr Sedans./Cut/Terry not4u@nlis.ca
                              Those would be REALLY easy registries to do Terry, as NONE were built!
                              StudeRich
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X