Coolest car design ever built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
    The Citroen looks ten times better with the six Cibie headlamps as it was designed for; NOT the sealed beams as mandated by US Federal law at the time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroë...665411087).jpg

Craig

Comment

The best design ever built is subjective to say the least. How about the 37' Studebaker Coupe Express? The Jaguar XKE? The 38' type 57' Bugatti? Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

The two coolest car designs ever? The Aston-Martin DB5 (with modifications) and the Barris Batmobile.

My wife with each...

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The Citroen SM is a nice design, but having been part of trying to keep one running correctly for the original owner, I have kind of soured on them.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            The Citroen SM is a nice design, but having been part of trying to keep one running correctly for the original owner, I have kind of soured on them.

Perfectly understandable. It's not like Citroën parts are flowing like the Seine River here in the U.S.! I was judging the SM from a pure design aspect.
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post

Perfectly understandable. It's not like Citroën parts are flowing like the Seine River here in the U.S.! I was judging the SM from a pure design aspect.
              It was the M (Maserati) part of the car where most of the problems were.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The 37 Talbot Lago Teardrop Coupe still gets my vote for the most beautiful car ever built. About 15 examples were built.

Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
                See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Those Talbot Lago's are seriously cool too!
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

For me it would be the gorgeous one of one 2003 CADILLAC SIXTEEN. 13.6liters 1000hp. Incredible cost no object construction and detailing.

Comment

Working...
                    X