More WWII Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More WWII Photos

As you venture through this collection, note a couple of B-17's that made it back. Tough buggers.

Welcome to a collection of the most interesting World War II photos. From black and white photos to full-color images of the war that lasted 1939 to 1945. Although those are the official dates there were many conflicts that lead up to 1939 that provoked the global war. The war involved more than 100 million […]

Bob

Thanks for posting the link to these pictures. Very enlightening. The two pictures of the B-17's with the worst damage are fantastic. I assume they both returned, though it is hard to believe they actually could do so.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Great interesting post Bob. Thanks.
      Bill

Comment

Ahh... the German 240 mm artillery gun. Was known as "Gustav" by the soldiers assigned to guard it. There was also a Japanese version known as the Type 90. Was produced by the French arms maker Schneider in 1930 and used by Imperial Japan against the Soviet Union until being destroyed by retreating Kwantung Army forces and abandoned.
        Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 12-28-2017, 08:21 PM.
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
        X