"My Car Story" 1963 Motor Trend cover car @ 2017 MCACN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R3 challenger View Post
    Great job of restoration, Steve. Beautiful car, and being the Chicago Auto Show Hawk makes it pretty special. I was the friend Steve referred to who helped him determine that this was the Motor Trend cover car and Chicago Auto Show Hawk. It was a fun, rewarding research project; 'glad I was able to help.
    It looked FANTASTIC in the lobby of the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center:

Craig

Comment

I visited Steve when he started pulling the car apart.Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0762.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1717303

Comment

I think one word describes the pic in post # 16 "Elegance".
        Owning a '63, of course I am prejudiced.
        Bill

Comment

Seeing Steve’s luck finding this barn find, I would like him to buy me a lottery ticket!

Comment

I was in the lobby with Steve and he made the comment I don't know if the Car will get noticed where it was located . Right after that the guys that did this report showed up that answered that question with this feature and continued to receive attention . Steve and Andy Beckman had information posters displayed so the public got educated about how Special the car is and why it's in a Prime Location . After the Show it was on its way to the Studebaker Natiomal Museum so make sure to check it out .

Comment

Working...
            X