1958 packard 2 door hardtop restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 packard 2 door hardtop restoration

WANTED INSTRUMENT GUAGES FROM 56 / 57 PACKARD TO INSTALL IN A 58 PACKARD 2 DOOR HARDTOP

I am helping a friend restore his 58 Packard and now that its all painted, in search for some parts to complete its restoration

need all the gauges for dash as the face ( plastic ) on gauges is all crazed 9 PLUS THE SPEEDDOMETER ) . Need a right vent window with good chrome , a left drivers side window, what is the correct horn button on this car ? need a hood latch bolt with the spring , need any air conditioning plastic vents for the rear window ,

any one having a 57 to 58 Studebaker 2 door hardtop or 58 Packard 2 door hardtop for parts please contact me .....email joebetsy6@gmail.com

thank you , Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

Email sent

Comment

I have the door glass.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Joe, The correct horn button is listed and shown on pg.56 of the S.I. catalog. Part # 1546599. It is NOS and available for $75.00.

Comment

1958 Packards did not have a trunk-mounted A/C system, and therefore no rear-package-shelf plastic vent tubes. '58 was the first year for the more modern A/C system, with a condenser in front of the radiator, a compressor on the engine, and an evaporator hung under the dash. I know of someone with two '58's with factory A/C, one a President Starlight HT, the other a Packard 4-dr. If needed, I can provide pix. As far as whether he would sell parts, I can ask him if the OP wants.
          -Dwight FitzSimons, Charlottesville, VA

Comment

Living in Raleigh , I would be happy to drive to Charlottesville to see the Packard's your friends has ..Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

is it the drivers side door and tinted ? complete with the chrome trim on edges
              DO YOU HAVE OTHER 58 PACKARD HARDTOP PARTS FOR SALE ? I NEED SEVERAL PIECES
              THANKS JoE EMAIL ME AT joebetsy6@gmail.com

Joe Parsons

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
                1958 Packards did not have a trunk-mounted A/C system, and therefore no rear-package-shelf plastic vent tubes. '58 was the first year for the more modern A/C system, with a condenser in front of the radiator, a compressor on the engine, and an evaporator hung under the dash. I know of someone with two '58's with factory A/C, one a President Starlight HT, the other a Packard 4-dr. If needed, I can provide pix. As far as whether he would sell parts, I can ask him if the OP wants.
                -Dwight FitzSimons, Charlottesville, VA
                Underdash A/C units were available for all 1958 models except Scotsman. A trunk mount unit was available for V8 sedans only. That means that V8 sedans may have originally had either system, depending on what was ordered/installed (dealer installed would most likely be underdash).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Joe,
                  I'll contact the owner of the two '58's and ask him about selling parts.

Gary,
                  I learn something new nearly every day. Perhaps the trunk-mounted A/C systems available in '58 sedans were leftover from '57.
                  -Dwight FitzSimons

Comment

Working...
                  X