No announcement yet.

Well here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting with baited breath..........

Comment

I am a firm believer in a block heater it pays great dividends with starting. They only need to be on 1/2 - 3/4 hour before starting, a simple domestic timer works great. I have used one for years and wouldn't be with out it.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
        I am a firm believer in a block heater it pays great dividends with starting. They only need to be on 1/2 - 3/4 hour before starting, a simple domestic timer works great. I have used one for years and wouldn't be with out it.
        I considered that actually. If it doesn't start in the morning, I'm going to try heating the carb bowl and manifold with a heat gun and see what happens.

Comment

You are in Arizona, right? It's fifty degrees in the morning. That is nowhere near "cold" as perceived by automobile engines. Below freezing is "cold". Sub-zero is "very cold".
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
            You are in Arizona, right? It's fifty degrees in the morning. That is nowhere near "cold" as perceived by automobile engines. Below freezing is "cold". Sub-zero is "very cold".
            Yes, I know. Now you understand some of my frustration, haha!

Comment

Heywhadayaknow...car started fine today. Fast idle seems a little high though. I set the throttle plate gap per the manual. How high is fast idle supposed to be on these cars?

Comment

I'm GLAD you found your Gremlin...

Comment

How high is fast idle supposed to be on these cars?

Just fast enough to keep it running until it gets warm.

My '53 has a series of steps on the choke setting, slowing down the idle as the engine warms up.

Comment

Working...
                  X