1952 Champion Hood Emblem question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1952 Champion Hood Emblem question

I have attached photos, each showing the hood emblem. Note: the "S" in the first one is not colored (clear plastic), the next two the letter "S" is colored red and the last picture the "S" is black. The Chassis Manual lists just one part number (296393P) for the "INSERT, Hood Front Emblem "S"" with no color specified. Any buddy know if there is one correct color or are they all correct bases on some other criteria such as trim levels Custom, Deluxe and Regal
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Champion Silver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1756152Click image for larger version

Name:	Champion Red.jpg
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1756149Click image for larger version

Name:	Champion Reda.jpg
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1756150Click image for larger version

Name:	Champion Black.jpg
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	1756151

I remembered asking the same question once. Found the old thread.

No real resolution on it. (I painted mine red.)

Comment

I ran into that strange thing when I was buying parts through Turning Wheels years ago. For the same part number, I ended up with a pale gold emblem with a white S, a pale gold with a black S, and a dark gold with a red S. I used the pale gold with the white S because that is what my car originally had. I don't know how they determined which to use at the factory. Some combinations would look better on certain paint colors.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Both black and red combos are correct, not sure about the white one. I've seen both black and red NOS pieces, but haven't read any reason why there were different colors. BTW the green '52 has it's emblem turned upside down!

Comment

Working...
        X