Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physics: How Ford Uses Studebakers To Prove a Point

A rather long video....
    But the first twenty seconds tell me all I need to know......

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 11-14-2017, 09:39 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Poor '37. What is the other car? That was not a "vintage" crash test either but contemporary to this film per the other cars on the test track in the background.

But, that '37 at the time ~1960 was just a 23yr old beater. Be like getting a ratty 1994 Hyundai Excel (being a non-big 3 brand) and using for a similar demo (no pun intended!) today.

I skipped ahead a bit and may want to watch that whole video later. Looks interesting and the lecturer does not seem too boring.

Jeff in ND

Comment

I got it! All automobiles need magnets on the front bumpers (and the rear too I guess) to keep them from hitting each other.... Really, it is an interesting video.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Joe! You got it! but, I'll be out of a job!!! LOL

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Was the car going the other way also a prewar Studebaker?
          1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
          1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
          1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
          1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
          1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
          1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

These PSSC films are still great to watch even after > 50 years. It's also great that someone put them up on the 'Tube.
            Jim K.
            63 Hawk

Comment

I'll give it a shot, I think that the other car is a 1938 Chrysler. Recognition is a bit difficult without seeing, even a glimpse of the front end, but there are enough styling clues for some degree of confidence.

Comment

Truth be known... I got a Roku for the house TV a while back.
                There is so much to watch (for free) that I will not pay to see something any more (rarely did anyways).
                YouTube was always on the laptop, but it is a free channel on Roku, too.
                Have gravitated to watching YouTube. See something interesting, you can save the uploader (Like Airboyd).
                Some have commercials, but you can click them away after three seconds.
                Some stuff is copied in 4K now. Watching on the big TV is nice.
                Roku YouTube has weaned me off commercial TV..
                Your comment is spot on.
                Watching older historical shows (in depth with multiple sources) is way better than todays drivel.

Roku provides the simplest way to stream entertainment to your TV. On your terms. With thousands of available channels to choose from.

Originally posted by JimK View Post
                These PSSC films are still great to watch even after > 50 years. It's also great that someone put them up on the 'Tube.
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  A rather long video....
                  But the first twenty seconds tell me all I need to know......

Interesting but at the same timeā€¦ Dreadfully boring!

Comment

Working...
                  X