Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial poll--did your local SDC region donate to the Studebaker National Museum this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial poll--did your local SDC region donate to the Studebaker National Museum this year?

I'm just curious more than anything. Ours has not. I don't need to know specifics, just curious if other regions did. (I'm pro-SNM by the way; think that for a defunct automaker we're lucky to have a museum like that.)

My personal feeling is that if funds allow, it's a natural for an SDC region to donate to the SNM, but I've faced balking in past years when I brought it up locally.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Yuppers. We also donate yearly to the Studebaker National Foundation. We usually do it in November. The amount varies according to the club bank account, but it's never less than $100 each.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I don't recall being asked as a chapter. Maybe my memory is faulty.
      On a personal level I haven't contributed in a long time. Maybe if I ever get to see the museum I would be more motivated.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Our Karel Staple Chapter adopts a vehicle at the Studebaker National Museum every year. The last two years we have adopted the fire truck. Not sure if that is what you mean by region.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
          Our Karel Staple Chapter adopts a vehicle at the Studebaker National Museum every year. The last two years we have adopted the fire truck. Not sure if that is what you mean by region.
          Yes; I should've said 'chapter'. For some reason our chapter is called the 'Ohio Region'. BTW, our chapter is 50 years old in 2018.
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          All are in Australia now

Comment

The Los Angeles chapter donated and adopted 2 cars as well as "buying" a brick on the patio.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

The Atlantic Canada Chapter has "adopted" the 1936 Ace truck in the SNM for the past several years.
              Bill Jarvis

Comment

Keystone adopted at least two cars plus made a donation. We (Diana and I) also adopted the Centennial Wagon as well donated to the SNM.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Central Texas Chapter donated

Comment

Missouri-Illinois chapter adopted the Packard Predictor and have donated $500 yearly for some time now
                    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

The Eastern North Carolina Chapter has not, as far as I can remember, donated to the SNM. We do make an annual donation to other charities.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Hamilton Chapter annually adopts the '66 Cruiser - last Studebaker off the line in Hamilton. Often brick purchases have been made to recognize deserving members of the chapter as well.

Personally haven't contributed directly since the 5-year $68 annually campaign built around the opening of the new facility, but that could change - it is a special place!
                        Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                        61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                        Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                        Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                          (the red '28)......and we donate a $100 to the annual fund.
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

Comment

Thanks everybody. I think it largely confirms what I thought--other chapters donate regularly. Again, to me, it's a natural to do so.
                            Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH
                            All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                            X