No announcement yet.

Lumpy's Lark build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love those Larks. This build should be KILLER! Rock n' Roll with it. Thanks for posting the progress.

Comment

1971 I picked up a Hot Rod type magazine and found this article. I bought a R-4 manifold and was looking for a Paxton supercharger setup for my 62 Lark. When I tried to fit the manifold I realized I need R3/4 Heads, too. I just did not have the money back then. Early Larks are cute and dear to my "Hot Rod" roots.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	studependous.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1721614Click image for larger version

Name:	studependous 001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1721615Click image for larger version

Name:	studependous 002.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1721616Click image for larger version

Name:	studependous 003.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1721617

Comment

Funny you should post that, I just bought some early 70s hot rod mags and read that article it was very interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by daytonadave View Post
          1971 I picked up a Hot Rod type magazine and found this article. I bought a R-4 manifold and was looking for a Paxton supercharger setup for my 62 Lark. When I tried to fit the manifold I realized I need R3/4 Heads, too. I just did not have the money back then. Early Larks are cute and dear to my "Hot Rod" roots.
          Now, if a person just has to have 2 fours on their Studebaker engine, they can get a modified brand X aluminum version or buy the adapters to use a Chevy manifold. Better choices for most heads that are available.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Hey Lumpy. Wally and I are down at the malt shop. How about you stop by and take us for a spin in your chariot.

Eddie Haskell
            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Ok but one at a time boys....The little pink monster aint got no backseat!

Comment

Great, that means we don't have to bring Beaver, Gilbert and Larry.
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Funnily enough, my boss at work used to bowl with Jerry Mathers just a few years ago.

Comment

Steve Salamunovich, the owner of Studependous, is still a SDC member and lives near you. I talked to him in 2016. He was listed in the SDC Roster.

Comment

Did he know what became of his old Lark?

Comment

No, Steve does not know what happened to it.

Comment

Gald to your getting some done. still working on mine

Comment

Hey Cowboy , lets see some pics of your Lark

Comment

Been about 3 yrs since I brought the lark home . still turns heads every time I take it to a show Kinda cool since there has never been another Lark at any show I've taken it to.

Comment

Working...
                              X