Avanti wire harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Avanti wire harness

Am looking for a complete wire harness for an early Avanti. 1963. What's out there? NOS, Reproduction, or real nice orig.
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Calling All Studebaker Drivers!

very well done harness's

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Also available reproduced by Studebakers West in Redwood City, CA.

Comment

The best buy for the money is Studebakers West, but they can take a year or more to get once you order. Dave Thiebault sells the ones I had reproduced by Y-n-Z. You will not find better. Not cheap.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks fellows. I will try one of them
          Klif
          55 Speedster/Street Machine
          63 Avanti R2
          64 Convertible R1

Comment

Dave Thiebault was able to get me one within a couple weeks when mine went up in smoke. I don't know where he got it, however, as I do not think he builds them up. If I remember right there was only one connection that gave me any trouble & was easily corrected. At that time LarkWorks didn't even have a pattern for one, but I think they do now. HOWEVER, the green external wire is now in the harness (which would probably cost you a point in authenticity judging).

Comment

Studebakers West has had Avanti chassis harnesses on back order for a few years now. I think it’s unlikely that they’ll be available from them anytime soon. Carl told me that they’re just too busy and Avanti harnesses are too time consuming.

I asked Lark Works and they have the pattern and lead time seemed very reasonable.

Comment

I did buy an Avanti Chassis Harness from Studebakers West a couple of years ago and received it in a reasonable time.
                I currently have a ‘63 Hawk Chassis and Taillight Harness on order, and I was told the lead time would be a couple of months, since they were somewhat backlogged.
                I find that when my customers are ordering a Chassis Harness, that they are typically in a long range restoration project and thus there is no urgent need.
                And I will say there have been times I have received a Harness in a week or two.

Comment

Working...
                X