Best ever 73rd :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ever 73rd :)

Yep...that's my corny way of saying this past birthday(weekend) was rather pleasant. For the only time this year, I managed to get to a car show with a Studebaker! Not only one, but two Studebakers! On Saturday, it was billed as our Church's FIRST Annual Fall Festival Car Show. It was (for what many folks think is the sunny tropical south) a cloudy, cold, morning. I was surprised as I pulled into the parking lot to find nearly a dozen hardy souls already there with the temperature still in the thirties(F) at 9.30AM.

I'll come back and try to edit in a couple of pics if I can extract them from my iPhone. A big public THANK YOU to Richard Quinn for supplying the great reproduction 1955 Showroom Advertisements. For display, hands down, we had the best at the event!

As the morning wore on, the clouds thinned, temperature climbed to tolerable, and the warm friendly atmosphere, hot coffee, hot dogs, & Bluegrass Band made it a very successful event. I think there were around fifty vehicles in attendance by noon. Yesterday, my favorite (only) daughter & her family came over. Here's my Birthday present from her,

We have discussed this before here... http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=Mark+James (where I stole this pic) So...here's wishing the rest of you the best ever _____ (fill in the blank) birthday that comes your way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5ACEE0D5-1951-41DA-9486-722FAD88399F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1756136 Click image for larger version

Name:	7F31218E-99DE-4A84-80D6-1BF6E50C0695.jpg
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1756137 Click image for larger version

Name:	FBBDDF1D-A096-49C6-965C-F859A46E5B83.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1756138 Click image for larger version

Name:	42CD1F07-35DE-4F02-AA94-FD35A6A2E9CC.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1756139
    Last edited by jclary; 11-13-2017, 05:57 AM.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Well, Happy Belated Birthday, John; it sounds like a dandy time. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Happy belated, John, from your Canadian friends in British Columbia. Thanks for the posts.
      Bill

Comment

Also sending you belated birthday best wishes. I enjoy your posts and usually learn something from them, so keep them coming. Bill

Comment

A great time. Great cars. And a good book. Can't beat that for a guy's birthday. Happy birthday John!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Thanks for the kind words from my "Studebaker" friends. One thing I forgot to mention is that my Daughter presented me with my favorite homemade German Chocolate cake. As one of the Vietnam veteran "Agent Orange" diabetics...a dangerous treat that takes lots of self-discipline. Of course, my personal Nurse (AKA Wife) will see to it that I tow the line.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

AND chocolate cake??? Now that IS a fine birthday! Here's to many more, John!
              Mike Davis
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Working...
              X