No announcement yet.

Garage find 61 4 door sitting since 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the deal with photobucket. If I do what it says so I can see the pictures will it cost me money or aggravation?
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
      What's the deal with photobucket. If I do what it says so I can see the pictures will it cost me money or aggravation?
      You will have the JOY of getting BOTH! Just... RUN, Run, run!

Go with your OWN Computer for Free!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I haven't been successful at uploading pictures to this forum for quite a few years, certainly not since the new platform. Often I open a new album on Facebook for pictures now. However, if I can remember the name of it, I did open a new account on a host server for this. Problem is, now I can't remember which it is...
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

My real problem is I need help getting started with new things, with out some one sitting down at my computer and showing so I can make a cheat sheet Iam lost, Dick when are you going to be in the area again?
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

There are alternatives, like www.flickr.com. Second party hosting allowed, and no freaking pop ups of financial extortion. I have notice the price dropped on photobucket from 499 to 399.. Just say no to them.

PB also use to allow a full album download, but they took that away, now if you want your photos back you have to click on each one and "save image.'

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              Over the years I have hundreds of Studebaker's but never really got into what one really was except if it was a 2 door or a 4 door so once I get it to the shop I will take some pictures but since photo bucket took a Sh.... I can not post pictures here on the forum, I can e-mail them to someone and they can transfer them here, this is not a barn find but a garage find big difference between the two.

OK....what did you pay for it?

Comment

Flickr! Ah... That's it!!

Computer process instruction writing was my specialty for almost twenty years. I did step-by-step simple instructions for Data processing personnel. Three employers hired me solely for this skill.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

My real problem is I need help getting started with new things, with out some one sitting down at my computer and showing so I can make a cheat sheet Iam lost, Dick when are you going to be in the area again?
                  No plans in the immediate future, Bob, but Turlock at the latest. I'll be sure to carve out some time so we can catch up and set up a new photo album for posting pics.
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Amen.....me too!
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

Bob, I can show you next time I come down. Justin

Comment

It's easy to post a picture directly from your computer; even I can do it, no small feat I assure you.

(1) In the reply or quick reply box (where you make a post) just click the picture of the tree (it's the one in the middle here).
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3350.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1717158

You get this small screen.

Name:	IMG_3351.jpg
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	1717159

(2) click "from computer" you get this screen.

Name:	IMG_3353.jpg
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1717161

(3) click "choose file" it takes you to your pictures file.
                        (4) click a picture to highlight it, then click open, the small screen returns.

Name:	IMG_3354.jpg
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	1717162

(5) click "upload file(s)" it's directly below the box for "choose file" and your picture is posted.

Viola' (it's a little slow uploading)

Name:	IMG_3326.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1717160

Only problem I've had is most pictures I take with my phone will post upside down on this forum; and only this forum.
                        Last edited by bensherb; 11-14-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

The garage find is now at my shop, one reason a garage find is different from a barn find is garage is more secure from weather and rodents, remember this car was parked in the garage after the owners wife passed away in 1975 it was her car. the car has just over 48K miles, all tire were flat,no fluid in the master cyl. engine stuck but no water in oil. the engine and transmission never leaked on the floor in all this time. First we put air in the tires and all held air, then we pushed it out of the garage and the brakes worked packing it down the drive way, we pushed it around and put it on the trailer for the ride home 30 miles. when we got it to the shop we took the keys from my 62 GT and opened the trunk nothing there except original spare tire ,jack and floor mat and wheel cover, clean and in perfect shape. we removed the old battery and it was sitting on plastic so the lower area was also untouched. we pulled the plugs and put Marvell mystery oil to soak for a couple of day then we will work on freeing the engine, my guess it will be no problem.
                          Items that came with the title is the original like brand new 61 accessories book and window price sticker. the car was sold new at G.A.Baer in Palo Alto, Ca. it is 61V W 4 Dlx 8 4 dr sedan and is desert sand in color. and not many accessories with at total price of $2719.00, pictures will come after I have time to take some today. car is clean and original garage find not dirty and rat ridden barn find. will be getting new tires tomorrow .
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Bob. you had best check because if a Studebaker didn't leak any oil that means it's out of oil. Sounds like a great find.

Comment

A plain/basic Deluxe sedan, not a nicer Regal or Cruiser. The condition is what makes it something special (and the V8).
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Imgur.com is also another great image hosting site and free. Been using it for years.

Looking forward to seeing your new Lark!!
                                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X