Thread: Kenny Rogers knows it's time....

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)

Kenny Rogers knows it's time....

'Hate to see him go, however. 'Neat guy:

https://www.liftable.com/kim/country...ibertyalliance

That High School picture looks so believable.

Do they write music this good any more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiwcOaaRo1Y

Another column I enjoyed putting together:

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hc...r/3729281.html

(Incidentally, for all you nit-pickers, there are two errors in that column. I made one of them and the editors at Hemmings introduced one of which I did not approve, and I let 'em know it! My protesting thankfully resulted in getting each column to review before publication, so there was a silver lining on that temporary cloud. 'Have at it if you like...)

We saw Kenny Rogers several years ago at the big open amphitheater NE of Indianapolis at Conner Prairie Living History Museum during The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's "Symphony on the Prairie" summer series. He was tired; 'showing his age even then.

Farewell and Godspeed, Kenny; enjoy your last lap. Well deserved. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 10-27-2017 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added Islands in the Stream video; cool
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

He will be missed. Great guy. Love his music.

Bob, I believe the title of this thread contains an error. It would seem appropriate that the thread be titled "Kenny Rogers knows when to fold 'em".

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milaca View Post
    Bob, I believe the title of this thread contains an error. It would seem appropriate that the thread be titled "Kenny Rogers knows when to fold 'em".
    Good observation, Brent. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

President Member
    Bob Palma; What really caused the end of Hudson in 1954 was Hudson had spent $12 million dollars 1951 through 1953 to develop and build the Hudson Jet. Only 21,143 Jets were built for 1953 for 1954 14,224 were built. Barit really screwed up big time that money should have been spent on refreshing the Hudson step down much earlier. In 1953 because of Barit's screw up Hudson lost nearly $11 million dollars because of the Jet.

John S.

President Member
    Saw Kenny Rogers a couple Years ago,at our local Yearly Fair. what fun it was,man was it great "He's great" ! He even sang "just dropped in - to see what condition my condition was in" that I think is so cool to this day. He was a bit comical as well,and the crowd seemed to like it myself included. especially when He asks Us, who the heck sings a song about Ones condition I place Him high up in the music world !
    Joseph R. Zeiger

President Member
    We've been to several of his concerts over the years, our daughter was in love with him at 3 years old. She turned 40 this past August and is still in love with him. As I write this she is at his concert in Milwaukee, 2nd row center, so she is happy again. She has been with him on stage and back stage several times over the years, and yes he is genuinely a great human being. We wish him well and a well deserved retirement. Bill

President Member
    Our daughter sent us a couple videos from last night, he still performs well. She told us it was her 26th concert of his that she attended. My wife asked her if she was one of the youngest in her area and she responded that she was probably the youngest in the entire building, LOL. Bill

President Member
    Bob P: The truth of matter Egbert's resignation wasn't a blow to Studebaker when the 1964 Studebakers were being introduced. From my short research he was side lined in for periods of times in both 1962 and 1963 because of cancer. Egbert and the board of Studebaker never got along
    and the board worked to ease him out office. He read the hand writing on the wall and resigned knowing that he was going to be replaced and that Studebaker was getting out of the car business.

John S.
    Last edited by Packard53; 10-31-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Back to the original topic , I've always been of the opinion that it's good to have a healthy self-assessment of your capabilities. Kenny has been on top of his game for many decades and wants to be remembered that way, and I applaud him. Great musician, great writer, and good timing, always.
    Clark in San Diego
    '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

President Member
    Bob P: The real blows to Studebaker and the Lark came in 1960 and 1962 and not 1964 as you stated. In 1960 the Falcon, Corvair and Valiant came to market to compete against the Lark and Rambler was also in this segment. In 1962 GM introduced the Chevy II another competitor for the Lark. Studebaker sales starting in 1960 took a real nose dive over the next couple of years. Studebaker with the Lark got lucky for one year that was it. The decreasing sales of the Lark and other Studebaker models from 1960 through 1964 is the other real blow to Studebaker. To me your article has more than two errors in it.

John S.