Fat Domino has passed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Domino has passed.

Bummer, Fats Domino has passed away. He was one of a handful of true pioneers of Rock and Roll from the fifties. Loved that easy rollin' piano! He sold over 110 million records.

"Ain't that a shame."
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I believe he is now in "My Blue Heaven".
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Keep on rockin, Fats!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I found my thrill with that great bluesman. Loved his sound and style and still do. RIP Fats.

Comment

My -55 sedan is named after his song "Hello Josephine", & I was always amazed by his easy & happy style.

Comment

One of my favorite memories is seeing him bring the house down at the Times Square Paramount theater (capacity about 3500) in NYC about 1959. The applause kept bringing him back for encores, until he finally stood up, bowed a bit, and said "Thank ya" and walked off the stage. Except for singing, they were the only words he said.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip, it's interesting that you mentioned seeing Fats Domino at the Paramount Theater in Times Square. My dad worked the booth (lights and sound) at that theater for over 37 years. He came to work at the Paramount when they started having stage shows in addition to the the movies. I used to get in for free because my dad worked there. I got to see some pretty big stars there. My favorites were Martin and Lewis.
                You'll probably agree that it was a beautiful theater.
                In that place, there's a Hard Rock Cafe now.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

'Sad to see him go; such a nice guy. A lot of contemporary NFL football players could learn a lot from such a decent man.

The local news had a nice montage of his songs and some video clips this evening. They said he sold 65,000,000 albums in his lifetime! That's a bunch.

RIP, Fats. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Now ,Bob; you know better than to open a door with political commentary on the forum. Why DO you keep doing that?
                    Last edited by rockne10; 10-25-2017, 03:02 PM.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Y’all know the rules: no cussin', no gamblin', no spittin'. Keep it on topic only, please.
                      Last edited by showbizkid; 10-26-2017, 10:01 AM.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Raprice-
                        Interesting. Who'da thunk we'd meet this way? Yes, it was a spectacular theater. Only went there a few times, always a special occasion.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Saw him in Toronto in the mid 80s. Still pushed the piano around with his belly!

Comment

Working...
                          X