New To me Studebaker 51 commander Land Crusier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To me Studebaker 51 commander Land Crusier

Currently a good 10 footer car, Needs Paint but it only has 33K miles on it. Fresh rebuild on the 232 v8 engine with about 100 miles on it.
    Looking to get a few things done on it wiring has been up dated to 12 volt but it all hasnt been hooked up. so I have more to do. But a good califorinia car No rot in the fenders.

So soon I'll be selling my 50 Commander most mechanical have been done Just needs body work now runs and drives great.

Edsel
    Attached Files
    I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
    sigpic
    I'll Tattoo you anytime!
    And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
    Crazy Lady Ink
    Shakopee Mn.
    952-445-3281
    27 years in the tattooing biz

Really nice looking! Where'd you pick it up? Get it out tonight if you can. Probably the last really nice day this year in our neck of the woods!

Comment

Hey Bob, I got it from my friends at Windy Hill Auto New London MN they were going to send it out for parts in the yard. and I offered to buy it and well all is done but one more payment. So they let me bring it home. Maybe you want to come see for your self? your not far from me.
      sigpic
      I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
      Shakopee Mn.
      952-445-3281

Comment

Very nice! I also have a 1951 Land Cruiser. They are some really neat cars, mine has 11,800 miles with 232 and automatic. The car was built in the Vernon California plant. I kept the original 6 volt system and rewired using the reproduction modern wire with cloth over-braid from Lark Works. A link below of a picture of mine.

1947 Studebaker M-5
        1946 Studebaker M-5
        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
        1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Here's mine that I bought in March. Going to replace wiring over the winter and convert back to 6V.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170909_143310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1716837

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
            Here's mine that I bought in March. Going to replace wiring over the winter and convert back to 6V.[ATTACH=CONFIG]67890[/ATTACH]
            Bully for you, Tim. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice looking car!
              sigpic
              I'll Tattoo you anytime!

Crazy Lady Ink
              Shakopee Mn.
              952-445-3281

Comment

Originally posted by Edsel G. Tattooer View Post
                Currently a good 10 footer car, Needs Paint but it only has 33K miles on it. Fresh rebuild on the 232 v8 engine with about 100 miles on it.
                Looking to get a few things done on it wiring has been up dated to 12 volt but it all hasnt been hooked up. so I have more to do. But a good califorinia car No rot in the fenders.

So soon I'll be selling my 50 Commander most mechanical have been done Just needs body work now runs and drives great.

Edsel
                Wow, nice looking car Edsel. Hard to believe they were going to part that one out!
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Edsel G. Tattooer View Post
                  Hey Bob, I got it from my friends at Windy Hill Auto New London MN they were going to send it out for parts in the yard. and I offered to buy it and well all is done but one more payment. So they let me bring it home. Maybe you want to come see for your self? your not far from me.
                  I’d love to. As it turns out I work in Burnsville. Maybe next week sometime!

Comment

Working...
                  X