New to me 52 Champion Starliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me 52 Champion Starliner

Picked this up from an ad in September's Turning Wheels. The seller sent photos (in the mail) and drove 1200 miles to see and subsequently buy. This car may be a contender as a survivor. It is an unrestored original with a few minor bumps and bruises. At 65 years, 69,000 miles, and now the fourth owner, it runs, drives, stops, and turns. The radio sadly doesn't work and I need a key for the trunk and clove box, neither are currently locked. There are a pair of fender skirts which have never been install too. Makes for a fairly short list compared to the 52 Starliner Commander which needs everything.......................that shares the garage with this one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1755951Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1755952Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1755953Click image for larger version

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1755954Click image for larger version

Name:	30.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1755955

Nice I real like that body style.

Comment

Looks like a very nice driver. I like the two tone, with the dark on the roof. At 69,000, it should have plenty more miles to go. Hope you enjoy it.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Very nice! Too nice to restore!
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Superb! That must be Spartan Rust over Sahara Sand combo.
          Have a great time driving, polishing and otherwise caretaking that fine car.
          Attached Files

Comment

52's are my favorite model to have even with the chrome situation. Enjoy the car, the ride, and never losing it in any store parking lot.

Bob Miles
            Tucson AZ

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171017_133021.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1716826 Dan, paper tag behind the glove box confirms it.

Comment

Nice! Hope to see it in person soon!

Comment

AWESOME looking car you found a gem !
                  1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

You will enjoy that one. A bit slower than a Commander, but a fine ride. If the overdrive works you are good to go.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Here's some parts cars for ya:

Comment

That's a good-looking car. If I didn't need to sell a couple of cars before I bought another, I would have been your competitor in buying it. Congratulations. I know you will enjoy it.

Comment

The radio doesn't work? Horrors! Send the car back.

Nice looking car, though.
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

My, my, my ... What a cream puff! Do me a favor and take real good care of her, yeah? It would be a shame if this were to become another casualty in the Rust War.
                            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Very nice car!
                              Only We The People Can Make America Great Again...........

1952 Studebaker Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X