Dual Paxton mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Dual Paxton mount

I may be reaching here but what the heck.
    A number of years ago (circa late 80's, early 90"s) I was in SoCal and visited Vince Granatelli at Paxton. He stated and showed me he had a Dual Paxton mounting plate schematic diagram for a small block Chevrolet which I was extremely interested in for my 1970 Avanti project. It would properly locate other accessories such as power steering pump, alternator and quite possibly an A/C compressor. I planned to replicate the Studebaker R4 only using a Chevrolet as was originally fitted to my Avanti. Things got lost over time so I never received it from Vince and I never followed it up. Does anyone have a schematic from which a dual supercharger mounting plate could be produced? I can't be the only crazy one out there could I? Any info or suggestions will be a huge help and much appreciated.
    Cheers, Bill

I'm bumping this post in case someone who has the answer missed my first post.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bill

Comment

Looks like maybe you ARE Bill!

And Vince is not on here.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Wouldn't the dual-supercharged engine be the R5? R4 was the 304.5 inch with dual 4-barrels, wasn't it?
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Technically yes, Gord. My plan is for dual quads on a 355 CID Corvette with one Paxton per carb.
          Bill

Comment

You could always go dig him up.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	R4-300-dpi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1716928A single Paxton Novi 2000 is more efficient, and will put out more boost than two ball drive Paxtons.
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I remember seeing a picture of a Studebaker (I think) Avanti with dual blowers. The license plate was TWINBLWR or something like that. Pretty sure it was a California car.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                  I remember seeing a picture of a Studebaker (I think) Avanti with dual blowers. The license plate was TWINBLWR or something like that. Pretty sure it was a California car.
                  Yeah, I think that's the silver one with black stripes. Its been a staple here in Norther Calif for some time. San Francisco area, I believe.
                  sals54

Comment

Bill, take a good look at the Novi 2000 as Brad suggested. He knows his stuff and others have used them with great success. Sounds like you want to really get up and go! Good luck with it, Bill.

Comment

Yes Brad & Bill, This has been a long term project. I have converted my '70 Avanti from the Flightomatic to a Doug Nash 5 Speed with McLeod clutch, Lakewood Scattershield and after seeing Brad's installation(terrific) I am now reconsidering my original direction. As to what to do with my brand new Paxton, I guess maybe my '59 Lark 259 may be a great candidate. Who is the best source for the Novi 2000's these days? I guess these long term projects are what keeps us old farts going.
                      Cheers, Bill

Comment

I think Hot Rod ran this pic a few years ago, but you would have to stick with South Bend iron for this application.

Comment

Paxton Automotive, the original centrifugal supercharger company, and Vortech Engineering, the leader in centrifugal supercharging technology have come together to bring you over 85 years combined of designing and manufacturing the most advanced, efficient, and reliable superchargers available to date. Proudly made i

(copy)

1963 Studebaker Avanti

Studebaker started a lasting relationship with McCulloch-Paxton in 1957, installing the VS57 on the Golden Hawk’s and Packard Clipper’s 289-cu.in. V8. The SN-type supercharger was later supplied for the famed Studebaker Avanti and Lark R-variant engines. Karl and Lydia Sparks of Modesto, California are the very proud owners of this 1963 Studebaker Avanti featuring twin-Paxton superchargers that push the dual four-barrel blow-through 306-ci.in. V8 to 504HP @ 6100 RPM. His Twincharger is one of the three Avantis known to be built with this unique induction configuration.

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yup... that's the one. Killer car. Even if it IS less efficient. Sometimes its not all about the power, but the breathtaking look under the hood. WOW. Who cares about efficiency when you've got the hood up and every eyeball for a hundred yards is gawking at the glory of those twin blowers.! ! !
                            sals54

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info. I think I will follow Brad's advise. Is that a fuel pressure gauge on the rear carb?
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X