Cub Cadet XT2 Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cub Cadet XT2 Part Deux

From the last post, I had pretty much decided I needed a Cub Cadet XT2 42" riding mower and went looking for deals. My initial thought I wouldn't buy one unless I found a decent deal or I would wait until spring.

I visited several more dealers from Deere to Cub to Husqvarna and came to a few more conclusions.
    - In the mid-price range they all use the same drivetrain. Kohler/Kawasaki engine and Tuff Torg K46 transmission/rearend.
    - Deals are hard to come by in this area
    - The mowers I'm interested in have rigid frames and can spin tires on wet ground and side hill mowing.

I did make a decision and I actually got a great deal from a dealer that wanted the 2017's gone.

It's not yellow, it's a bit more tractor than I originally planned on and I had to drive 60 miles to get it.

It's a Husqvarna yt42dxls Best part is it has limited slip, wider than normal rear tires and a draw under the fabricated mowing deck that will take chrome off a 57 Chevy bumper.

It's a lot of machine for the money and I'm glad I had to do more shopping as I got better informed about these units and the differences or lack of differences between the brands and models. The weather forecast looks like it'll be broken in before cold weather.

Bob

I have a yellow mower, but it is a self-propelled walk behind. Good enough for our 1/2 acre. Enjoy your fine machine.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I hope it is a locking differential rather than a limited-slip type. With a limited-slip, you will be spinning a tire everytime that you turn the steering wheel.
      My parents had a Husqvarna riding mower 15 years ago, only problem was that it had aluminum deck spindles (had to replace one) and a flimsy deck. Your deck is obviously heavy duty and hopefully it has heavier duty spindles. Best of luck with it.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I still have Dad's old Allis-Chalmers 608LT riding mower. It was a hand-me-down from Grandpa Skow. Grandpa had the Allis dealership in Moorhead, Iowa and sold it to himself, circa 1976.

Despite that, I use a little push mower on my postage stamp sized yard in Omaha, because it's too small for rider to be practical.
        1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
        1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
        1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
        1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
        1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
        1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Working...
        X