No announcement yet.

Took note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being afraid would take half the fun out of life for me.
    Randolph Scott
    "Abilene Town"
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
      Set a man on fire and he will be warm for life.
      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

With credit to the OP of this topic. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This was a caption in the New York Times Theater Review on 10/13/17. I liked it!

"When the Ending is Inevitable, Focus on the Ride"
          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Don't ask what the world needs.
            Ask....What makes YOU come alive ?
            DO THAT !
            What the world needs is people who have come alive.

What ever you are.
            Be a good one.
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Keep the clean side up and the dirty side down.

No one gets out of this life alive.

I spent most of my life and money on women and drinking...the rest I just wasted.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play,
                his mind and his body,
                his education and his recreation.
                He hardly knows which is which.
                He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing
                and leaves others to determine if he is working or playing.
                To himself he always seems to be doing both.
                South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

My Dad always said "if it's worth doing it's worth doing right".
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                    My Dad always said "if it's worth doing it's worth doing right".
                    OOOHHHH! So...that's the way it's s'posed to go! My version has always been..."ANYTHING WORTH DOING, IS WORTH DOING TO EXCESS!!!

Got me into lots of trouble
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

"If you can't find time to do it right the first time...how do you find time to do it over?"

"If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is."

"When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my cars for what I told her they cost."
                      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                        OOOHHHH! So...that's the way it's s'posed to go! My version has always been..."ANYTHING WORTH DOING, IS WORTH DOING TO EXCESS!!!

Got me into lots of trouble
                        I always heard Jesus said "anything is ok in moderation". (probably not true)

"The only test I know of if something is moral or not is if I feel good after doing it." ...Ernest Hemingway. (The man with three or four wives).
                        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over.

One of Murphy's Laws.

Comment

"When you get to the fork in the road, take it!" Yogi Bera

Comment

"I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."
                              Jerome K. Jerome, writer and humorist

Comment

"God is in the details." - Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X