Just got a lovely 1964 Champ Pickup!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a lovely 1964 Champ Pickup!!

Hi there! Very excited to find this nice 1964 Champ! Does anyone have a really nice chrome grille with the lower Studebaker name on it? Also, which is the proper grill badge, and does anyone have one? I have the 289 V8 with 4 on the floor, but would love to switch it to an automatic tranny. What is the best mate to this engine? Looking forward to Studebaker ownership!
    Attached Files

That's a nice looking Champ! Congratulations and welcome!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Looks like a really nice truck. It took the better of three trucks to make my Dad's so having what you now have is a huge plus. As for the grille and badges there were on grille badges on those trucks. The grille itself was not stamped on most production '64's. I do prefer the stamped grille so folks can tell what it is from the front! The parking bezels on your truck are 1960. They used a slotted bezel on the '61-'64 Champs as they were the same as a '59 Lark. You stated you wanted to switch to an auto trans, have you considered an overdrive instead? Those trannies make it a lot more fun to drive. That P 1 box looks great on the truck as well. I get asked if the bed on my Dad's truck is factory as it's a Fleetside and sticks out slightly from the sides of the cab. Your truck is a fine example. Have fun with it.
      Rob in PA.

Comment

Congratulations on your new Studebaker truck addition - from your photo it looks like a good find. Because of the age of these vehicles, when things get restored, things are added/changed to finish it.

As stude1964 mentioned above, the chrome signal light bezels are actually from 1960 - the ones available for '61-'64 Champs are as the one shown below. They are around but are getting up there - last NOS set I saw had $400 on the price tag... Those chrome grills are out there as well, but again, they are getting up in price.

Your best bet with the automatic tranny is to find a complete parts truck and shift everything over - there are some out there, just have to shake the bushes to find them.

Make sure you post more photos and add your information to the 8E '64 Champ registry - http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...forum-registry

Comment

Sorry - looks like the truck was added to the registry back in June when it appeared on Ebay - and according to the VIN, it falls into the 1963 model year.

If you have a 1963 Champ, half or three-quarter ton (or know of one) - lets see them. Put up all the information you have and include some photos if they are available. Please leave out any personal information - someone can pm you if they want to "talk." Click on the serial number to go to that particular vehicle's

Additional photos are always fun to see and good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X