How Amazon works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Amazon works

A dog like no other who cherished every second of life and brought immense joy to his human family.

I was looking for a Studebaker fuel pump in a hurry. Airtex from Summit was about $40. Got a quote for the same Airtex from Amazon: $279. !!!! Check your prices!!!!

So I rebuilt my old one with parts from the SDC International meet from one of the Stude parts vendors. Very happy.

Comment

You do have to read the ads. Not all companies selling on Amazon are in the Amazon whse.
      One thing nice with Amazon is their 'Prime' service option.
      Free freight (2nd day) on ALL Amazon Prime items.
      Amazon Prime also came with an Amazon acct for Roku, which is cool.
      Amazon Prime costs $100 a year (easy there, CASO's)...
      I have saved ten times that on gas alone running to town (or the big town) to get stuff.
      UPS and Amazon Prime have saved me a boatload of time and money.
      Yeah, you still have to shop a bit... Look at Summit, and AutoZone, get your numbers... Look 'em up on Prime.
      Amazon Prime is hurting Wal-Mart, as they bought 'Jet' (similar to Amazon) just to get in on the online whse part of it.

Originally posted by 55s View Post
      I was looking for a Studebaker fuel pump in a hurry. Airtex from Summit was about $40. Got a quote for the same Airtex from Amazon: $279. !!!! Check your prices!!!!

So I rebuilt my old one with parts from the SDC International meet from one of the Stude parts vendors. Very happy.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Yeah, you still have to shop a bit... Look at Summit, and AutoZone, get your numbers... Look 'em up on Prime.
        Check Rock Auto also. $42.79 http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/s...fuel+pump,6256

They have quite a few Studebaker parts.
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
        X