Passing of Ernie Padgett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of Ernie Padgett

Ernie Padgett, longtime member of the North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club left this mortal life on September 25. He was a tireless worker who always was at hand to cook or whatever he needed to do at the Tri-state SDC meets. I am so glad to have gotten to know him several years ago. It was always a pleasure to be around him. He loved everybody and kept up with his friends. I cherish the times spent with him traveling to swap meets, car shows, and just being around him. He will surely be missed. Please, keep Connie, his high school sweetheart and wife in your thoughts and prayers. This is going to be especially hard for her because they have always been as one.

This is such a shock. Ernie was at Tri-State just a few weeks ago, and looked better to me than he had in a year. I'll sure be praying for Connie and his family.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
      This is such a shock. Ernie was at Tri-State just a few weeks ago, and looked better to me than he had in a year. I'll sure be praying for Connie and his family.
      Me too Paul! I sat and talked with both of them for about an hour inside the small parlor where the registration table was set up the night before. Ernie & Connie were not just a couple, but an inseparable loving team. We discussed my health issues from agent orange exposure in Vietnam. Ernie had related to me how his health issues resulted from working in a facility that produced dioxins.

I discussed how my wife has been such a blessing by looking after my health needs. Then I took the opportunity to tell Ernie & Connie, I had observed them at the Tri-State meet through the years, and could tell, that Connie did the same for him...and that both Ernie and I were very fortunate to have married well.

We never know, when we will have our last conversation, or meeting. I'm so glad we had that time...but I am saddened to hear this news.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
        Ernie Padgett, longtime member of the North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club left this mortal life on September 25. He was a tireless worker who always was at hand to cook or whatever he needed to do at the Tri-state SDC meets. I am so glad to have gotten to know him several years ago. It was always a pleasure to be around him. He loved everybody and kept up with his friends. I cherish the times spent with him traveling to swap meets, car shows, and just being around him. He will surely be missed. Please, keep Connie, his high school sweetheart and wife in your thoughts and prayers. This is going to be especially hard for her because they have always been as one.
        Very sorry to hear this. I met Ernie one time years ago when he brought his grandson to see the Chicken Hawk while he was visiting relatives in Marion only about 15 mile from me. He was a great guy and know he will be missed by many. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Ted & Mary Ann

Comment

Working...
        X