Are you one of the 143 million...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you one of the 143 million...

...whose personal data has been breached at Equifax? Mine was. Go to https://trustedidpremier.com/consume...0-54e48bdc6d35 and Equifax will tell you whether or not you are at risk of your personal data (including SSN) being stolen. They will also tell you what protection they are offering you.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Good post, I checked mine three days ago and they claim I'm not affected by the breach. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
      ...whose personal data has been breached at Equifax? Mine was. Go to https://trustedidpremier.com/consume...0-54e48bdc6d35 and Equifax will tell you whether or not you are at risk of your personal data (including SSN) being stolen. They will also tell you what protection they are offering you.
      LOOK OUT!!! That link looks like a hoax. t's a third party

Don't click it.

Check directly with Equifax.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
        LOOK OUT!!! That link looks like a hoax. t's a third party

Don't click it.

Check directly with Equifax.
        This is an appropriate warning as it is a third party site. In this case, I believe, that Trustedid is owned by Equafax but forewarned is forearmed. I went to Equifax and was directed to this site. IIRC, Bob

Comment

I am also an effected person. I did go to the Trusted ID site and it is owned by Equifax. Since registering I have had two notices from them about hitd on my account, both of which I had triggered via ADT installation on the house.

I have also notified the other two reporting bureaus, Trans-Union and Experian and froze my credit limits. I suggest to all who have been notified that they are part of the 143M do the same thing.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Early on, I received an e mail, from a trusted source, advising me not to use the SECURITY fix and monitoring offered by Equifax! At that time, the user agreement was worded to the effect that you had to agree NOT TO JOIN ANY CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST EQUIFAX!!!

So I hesitated to jump in and blindly trust filling out such sensitive information to a company that has already demonstrated they can't be trusted.

This morning, I went back to equifax and got an "update" on their user agreement. Here's what they now say about that...

• Addressing confusion concerning the arbitration and class-action waiver clauses included in the Terms of Use applicable to the product:
              • The company never intended for these clauses to apply to this cybersecurity incident.
              • Because of consumer concern, the company clarified that those clauses do not apply to this cybersecurity incident or to the complimentary TrustedID Premier offering.
              • The company clarified that the clauses will not apply to consumers who signed up before the language was removed.

SO...DO YOU THINK IT IS SAFE (NOW) TO FILL OUT THE FORM AND SUPPLY THE REQUIRED PERSONAL INFO????
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I left the linked site when I saw them requesting my SS number.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

This whole thing smells... Including the exec board selling their stock before the breach announcement, and now the security measures 'for a fee'...
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Never give out your SSN on line no matter who's asking for it. In fact, reputable, legitimate organizations only ask for the last four digits. What's up with this form?

Comment

A little late to the game, but this is a good write-up of how to protect yourself

Comment

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

Comment

Working...
                      X