Name:	62cad59ply 013.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	1755717Click image for larger version

Name:	62cad59ply 017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1755718
    Hello all. I just bought this car in Ontario Canada and got it back close to home base after a 2 1/2 hour drive. It's parked out at campgrounds for a few days til I get storage room figured out. I've had a few other Stude's over the years, starting back in the summer of 1971 with a 64 Lark.
    5 years ago I bought a 79 Avanti II that was no where near as solid as the seller told me, so I resold it to a long time Studebaker body man for a substancial loss. At least I told him and showed him the rusted areas, no sugar coating that I was fed when buying. I'm sure hoping this car is a lot better! I've wanted a 63 Hawk as my uncle had one back in 1969-70 and his bro-in-law had a 64 4 speed Hawk.

Sure looks beautiful. Hope it drove as nice as it looks. Always loved the lines of this generation of Hawks. Clean and elegant. Congratulations.

Comment

A clone of my car, also in Ontario.I bought it up from California in 2000 fixed this & that but overall a good auto.

Comment

Thanks guys. It doesn't run very well and has some handling problems, weak rear leafs, rattling exhaust, engine miss, shakes,etc.
        Been parked for awhile, going to get a bit done now, most of it in the spring.

Comment

Anyone know Frank Opalka? Sold him my 63 R2 Hawk last year, wonder how he's enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
            A clone of my car, also in Ontario.I bought it up from California in 2000 fixed this & that but overall a good auto.
            I'd like to see some photo's please?
            From what I've been told and from paperwork the 63 was shipped new to North Dakota, then to Florida, then to central Ontario,now South west Ontario

Comment

From the pictures, the Hawk looks very nice.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	buickallure 002.jpg
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1716542
                Originally posted by truckguy View Post
                From the pictures, the Hawk looks very nice.
                thanks!
                It's a 10 footer. I need to concentrate on getting it running and stopping properly before I pay any attention to cosmetics. Paint is weak, right rear window is non op, fuel & temp gauge, non op. It has it's needs, but I couldn't resist buying it!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	62cad59ply 016.jpg
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	1716699Click image for larger version

Name:	62cad59ply 014.jpg
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1716700 a few shots before I put it away

Comment

Working...