Dr. Blake Mysteries fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Blake Mysteries fans.

For those of you who have conversed with me about the Australian Dr. Blake Mystery series, tonight Sunday 17.9.17 the new series start down here in Oz.

Back for season five, Doctor Blake is ready to solve a series of strange and shocking crimes. Blake once again investigates the seemingly unsolvable murders that take place in the fascinating sub-cultures of 1960s Ballarat.

Here is another Australian series, a pretty strange one! The 1st series was screened in 2015, with the second one due any day now. The 1st one left more questions than it answered.

Last edited by Aussie Hawk; 09-17-2017, 03:42 PM.
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Thanks Matt. We record them and space out our viewing so we don't run out for long periods of time. Still have 5 or 6 unwatched ones in the can.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

I am happy that the series is still in production. I look forward to new episodes.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thanks Matt, Judy and I enjoy the show and will be watching. The only thing unsettling about the show is how a quiet town like Ballarat seems to have a higher murder rate than Flint, Michigan. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
          Thanks Matt, Judy and I enjoy the show and will be watching. The only thing unsettling about the show is how a quiet town like Ballarat seems to have a higher murder rate than Flint, Michigan. Bob
          Yes I say that about an English murder mystery show we watch - 'Midsummer Murders'. There are at least two murders and the occasional kidnapping on each episode! Dangerous place ;-)
          Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          sigpic

Comment

Aussie TV Dr. Blake

Yup, we watch it here in Green Bay (WI), one of our regulars. The down-under autos are a hoot. Same goes for the Miss Fisher Mysteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
              Yes I say that about an English murder mystery show we watch - 'Midsummer Murders'. There are at least two murders and the occasional kidnapping on each episode! Dangerous place ;-)
              Yeah, we noticed that, too. Their murder rate may be even worse than Ballarat's.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

And it doesn't hurt that Miss Fisher is easy on the eye :-)
                Matt
                Brisbane
                Australia
                sigpic

Comment

They were saying the same thing about "Cabot Cove, Maine", a quiet little town with a murder every week when Angela Lansbury was doing the "Murder She Wrote" series. There are nearly 300 episodes of that series, and you can see them on KODI. That series, along with "Streets of San Francisco" are favorites of mine, partly because they had lots of well known actors as guests, and because they had excellent audio, so I can understand every word, even with my lousy hearing.
                  Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
                  See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

last series of Dr Blake, this one.

Comment

and see if you can catch Jack Irish - private eye from Melbourne Oz who drives a Hawk. Not a bad show.
                      google Jack Irish Stude and many images will appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                        and see if you can catch Jack Irish - private eye from Melbourne Oz who drives a Hawk. Not a bad show.
                        google Jack Irish Stude and many images will appear.
                        The first episodes of "Jack Irish" have just recently appeared on our local PBS station. This usually means that the show has been picked up for distribution to all local PBS stations, so it probably is running on other stations in the US. The 1960 Hawk that he drives gets a lot of screen time. According to the story line, he's actually a non-practicing lawyer (his past cases provide the genesis for the plots), not a private eye.

There was thread on this show several years ago, which I just found and resurrected.
                        Last edited by Skip Lackie; 09-22-2017, 06:20 AM. Reason: Changed last sentence
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

So if the deceased in the Dr Blake Mysteries return in a different show, does that reduce the murder rate as those effected were only "seriously inconvenienced"

Remember to tip your servers. Bob

Comment

Skip that may have been a post I put up a while back. Unfortunately with Jack Irish in one of the last episodes he loans his Hawk to a woman who gets into a car chase and totals it. It actually is owned by a Melbourne Stude club member.
                            Bob that is a great idea of combining the two shows would be great. :-)
                            Matt
                            Brisbane
                            Australia
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X