Cassini's Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassini's Fate

I can never get enough of the accomplishments of our space craft and, particularly the scientists/technitians that designed, built and guide them.

The Science Channel had a one hour program on the accomplishments and final minutes of Cassini last night. Just the joy and sense of accomplishment in the interviews is worth the watch.

Here's a PBS article on why Cassini was vaporized in the atmosphere of Saturn.

Bob

True.....
    But on the flip side of the coin...

Why is it that we simply must pollute every planet we go to?
    We leave junk everywhere we go....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      True.....
      But on the flip side of the coin...

Why is it that we simply must pollute every planet we go to?
      We leave junk everywhere we go....
      Pollute may be a bit strong as there is a considerable effort made to not transfer earth pathogens and attempt to minimize any other contamination in these programs. As far as junk, they learned from the best, just outside there location. https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...Pasadena%2C+CA
      I think they learned how to do all that from the aliens we consult with in Area 51. Bob

Comment

Part of the reason it was vaporized into Saturns atmosphere was to avoid pollution in space. One option was to "park" it up there, but there were concerns of it colliding with one of the smaller moons. It had reached a point that it was running low on thruster fuel, so the decision was made to end the mission, and study the components that make up the rings on its way in.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
        X