DYS Day Virginia Beach, Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYS Day Virginia Beach, Virginia

My son is away at college, and my daughter is away in the military. No matter, my son's friends help me out. Here is one of them doing his part for 2017 DYS Day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DYS Day 2017a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1755675Click image for larger version

Name:	DYS Day 2017b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1755676

His friends like the pedal start and the column shifter.
    Last edited by Robert Crandall; 09-13-2017, 06:20 PM. Reason: One of the photos copied twice.

There ya go. What are friends for anyway. Very nice looking truck. I'll bet his friends don't mind helping at all.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Was this for a special event or just to get that one Stude on the road for IDYSD?
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

It has been on the road for a couple of years now, but mostly just as a novelty to drive around the neighborhood. Nothing special other than the IDYSD. I had already taken a tour around the neighborhood on the nice Saturday morning as an excuse to delay starting my chores. I further delayed by looking at the forum and was reminded of the day. I printed the sign then went out again later to offer the drive to some of my son's friends in honor of the occasion. The one in the photo did the same for the 2016 day. My son had not yet gone to college on the 2015 day, so he did the drive then.

Comment

Has the friend gotten the Studebaker bug yet? Once the disease is in the blood there is no cure. He will have to have a maintenance dose of Studebakers from then on.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Not yet, but by showing that I can keep old things running, it shows that they can also. Another one has taken on the revival of a 1973 VW bus, 24 years older than he is.

Comment

Working...
            X