Lumir S. Palma: And now there is ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It appears he was a major influencer on your life, and you can thank him for getting you into loving cars as much as you do. May your memories live with you forever, and please keep sharing your stories of him and his dealership.

Craig

Comment

Bob, I am so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Your are right, though. He had a good long run. I am sure he will be greatly missed by his family and friends. Be thankful you had him around so long. That was a blessing.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Bob, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Cherish your memories. He sounded like a great guy.
        Bob and Sharon

Comment

My sincere condolences, Bob. No matter how great an age our parents achieve, their loss is always heartbreaking.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Bob & Cari, Thelma and I extend our sincerest condolences to you over your loss of a wonderful father. My major regret is that I never got to know my father. But you will always have his memories to think about when things get you down; then they will go up again. Keep well my friend.

Stu Chapman

Comment

So sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. I'm sorry that I never had the chance to meet him in person. I would guess that he had some interesting stories about the car business.

Denny

Comment

Mr. Palmer, my sincere heart felt condolences on the passing of your loved one. May peace be with him for eternity.

Comment

Condolences Bob. I lost my Dad many years ago and it is a void that can never be filled.
                  I noticed that your folks were married a week after I was born... sorry I couldn't attend the wedding!
                  Duane

Comment

Bob, Very sorry to hear this sad news. The number of Studebaker and Packard dealers that are still alive and can tell us all those good stories and truths about Studebaker are getting too small.
                    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

On behalf of the Nutmeg Chapter, my condolences Bob.
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                        So sorry to hear of the passing of your dad. I'm sorry that I never had the chance to meet him in person. I would guess that he had some interesting stories about the car business. Denny
                        That he did, Denny. His mind was still quite clear when interviewed for his Personality Profile that appeared in the May 2010 Hemmings Classic Car. Several such stories are within that article's text, which you can now read for free through this link:

Again, thanks to everyone for the condolences expressed here. Dad was the first of my parents to pass and by George; it does leave kind of a hole, doesn't it? It was two weeks ago today that he died, but it seems like longer. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob so sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers with your family
                          John Hull

Comment

Sorry for the belated condolences, Bob. I need to check this section of the Forum more often.

Through the bond of our many discussions, my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. Looks like your father passed on my father's birthday. My dad passed last December. He would have been 84 this September 6.

Hard to take the passing of the people in the Generations that brought us here. Their insight was invaluable. Again, My family's deepest sympathies.

Comment

Thanks, you guys; much appreciated. The December Turning Wheels Co-Operator will include a tribute to Dad with several Studebaker references and photos. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X